• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Relatives you cannot stand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relatives you cannot stand

Will be in a room full of them today. Snobby "wine bar" types. Snooty, snidey, back handed compliment,

With your help I can go armed with pithy one liners that cut them down to size. Please give generously.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Will be in a room full of them today. Snobby "wine bar" types. Snooty, snidey, back handed compliment,

With your help I can go armed with pithy one liners that cut them down to size. Please give generously.
    "Nice to meet you Jeremy, tell me are you of blue blood ? what no ? then why on earth are you trying to immitate the Queen with her accent ?"

Comment

Put the kids on instruction to be little tulips.

"Have you met the children?"

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Put the kids on instruction to be little tulips.

"Have you met the children?"

DVD player has been banned owing to SY02 reading your post about "including" them. Thanks mate.

Comment

DVD player has been banned owing to SY02 reading your post about "including" them. Thanks mate.
          Sorry.

In that case, load the kids up with coloured sweets and bright orange pop. See how mental you can get them.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Sorry.

In that case, load the kids up with coloured sweets and bright orange pop. See how mental you can get them.
            Genius. I will get my DVD player.

Sorry, their DVD player.

Comment

Sorry.

Vimto flavoured chewits seem to be pretty good for that. If you can still find them.

Comment

Sorry.

Wasn't tartrazine the poison of choice many years ago in various orange drinks ?

Snobby relatives eh ?

"Your upbringing is showing" should put them in their place.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

"Would you like to have a look at my trout fly collection?"

"Have you ever pondered the advantages of a Vector over an ArrayList?"

"Hey, kids, show Uncle George your Crazy Bone collections."

Comment

I've always found a "oh, why don't you just f*** off, you c***" works a treat.

If you don't like using the c word, go for "f*** you, you f***ing f***" which I find summarises the situation neatly.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X