• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Difference between AR1 and CT600 tax forms ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between AR1 and CT600 tax forms ?

I filed and paid my £30 to have my AR1 Annual Return form processed at Companies House Cardiff (they recieved it I have proof of this and they cashed the cheque contained within the letter).

I got a letter from HMRC asking for a CT600 Company tax return (its my first year trading which with the ltd. has just come to an end in terms of time), is the CT600 a completely different form associated with Corporation Tax rather than the 'Annual Year Return' ?

Completely different!

AR1 tells Companies House basic stuff like who the shareholders are, where the registered office is etc.

CT600 tells HMRC what profit the company made, and hence how much corpration tax it needs to pay.

The main other thing you'll need to do is a set of statutory accounts. Typically you can send an abbreviated set (not as much info) to Companies House, and a full set (containing detailed profit and loss account) to HMRC.

Is the company trading? If it's entirely dormant you can get away without doing a CT600 (though will need to tell HMRC).

I'm guessing you currently don't have an accountant? If you do, these should all be very basic things for them to do for you. If you don't, sorry to disappoint you but filing the AR1 is the most basic of forms you need to fill in. Owning a Limited Company has quite a few responsibilities.

Comment

Working...
    X