• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody vandal kids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody vandal kids

Just gone out to the car and found my car mirror pushed back which has happened probably a dozen times in the last month. Look over at wifes car and bloody bastards had ripped it off breaking the plastic where it is attached to the door. I'm pretty sure it would be kids doing it and they probably laughed their ass off when they did it.

Being a hyundai, i.e. cheap but obscure make, the price of bloody parts is quite high. Phoned a friend in the know and he said don't bother with a new one, it will cost a fortune. Tryed ebay and it is still around £25 + £10 postage for a scrapper.

I have a double garage as well but choose to park on the road as it allows more room for a workshop and part use for the business (until I build a summerhouse/ office in the garden).

If I was to catch them do it and take them from behind with a baseball bat I suppose it would be me who ends up with the criminal record so they carry on with the mindless vandalism safe in the knowledge that no one would even bother to approach them for fear of their own safety or fear of being criminalised.

They should be made to pay for the damage and if they can't pay I could find them some jobs to do like paint my fence, cut my grass or something similar to recompense.

</RANT>

Try owning an obviously expensive motor and parking it on the road. It'll be keyed within a day.

Next time you're in a car park, have a look at the sides of any £40k+ car as you walk past.

I didn't realise how bad that was until we got one. Our garage said it is perfectly normal and advised against getting such scratches repaired unless they go down to the metal.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
      Just gone out to the car and found my car mirror pushed back which has happened probably a dozen times in the last month. Look over at wifes car and bloody bastards had ripped it off breaking the plastic where it is attached to the door. I'm pretty sure it would be kids doing it and they probably laughed their ass off when they did it.

Being a hyundai, i.e. cheap but obscure make, the price of bloody parts is quite high. Phoned a friend in the know and he said don't bother with a new one, it will cost a fortune. Tryed ebay and it is still around £25 + £10 postage for a scrapper.

I have a double garage as well but choose to park on the road as it allows more room for a workshop and part use for the business (until I build a summerhouse/ office in the garden).

If I was to catch them do it and take them from behind with a baseball bat I suppose it would be me who ends up with the criminal record so they carry on with the mindless vandalism safe in the knowledge that no one would even bother to approach them for fear of their own safety or fear of being criminalised.

They should be made to pay for the damage and if they can't pay I could find them some jobs to do like paint my fence, cut my grass or something similar to recompense.

</RANT>

How do you know it was done by kids? There was a spate of tyre slashing in my area, the culprit was a miffed environmentalist. A number of cars were scratched, it turned out to be an old lady who didn’t like cars parked in her road.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Buy a 12 year old 4x4 and don't give a toss about getting it dented

HTH
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Used to stay in a fairly posh crescent and one night some throbber came down and keyed every single car the full length of the road, probably 250 meters.

We moved to another posh road ( Justin and Colin were my neighbours ) next to a park and someone was going about with a catapult and ball bearings doing in all the posh cars. Thwacked my neighbour's porshe.

Comment

Had similar living in a roughish street. Mirror pushed back every now and then, once they managed to pull off a door-handle. Nothing serious like broken windows, just annoying... worst was probably when our house lock had gum/wax put in it so it wouldn't unlock - if we hadn't had a back door that might have been tricky!

No idea what the solution is, other than don't live an area where you stand out. Pretty sure it was only us southerners who got it, the local people seemed to all get along great.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I had the same problem and just sold the keyed car today. It was annoying and even though it was old and cheap it still bugged me that someone would do it.

Have got free vandalism cover with my insurance company now for the new car but touch wood nobody will key it.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Used to stay in a fairly posh crescent and one night some throbber came down and keyed every single car the full length of the road, probably 250 meters.

We moved to another posh road ( Justin and Colin were my neighbours ) next to a park and someone was going about with a catapult and ball bearings doing in all the posh cars. Thwacked my neighbour's porshe.
                Gettin old...who are Justin & Colin?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  How do you know it was done by kids? There was a spate of tyre slashing in my area, the culprit was a miffed environmentalist. A number of cars were scratched, it turned out to be an old lady who didn’t like cars parked in her road.
                  I don't. But it has happened repeatadly for around a month now. Also I think the ratio of disgruntled old ladies: mischievous kids and miffed enviro-nutjobs:mischievous kids is weighted on the side of the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    Try owning an obviously expensive motor and parking it on the road. It'll be keyed within a day.

Next time you're in a car park, have a look at the sides of any £40k+ car as you walk past.

I didn't realise how bad that was until we got one. Our garage said it is perfectly normal and advised against getting such scratches repaired unless they go down to the metal.
                    Have got friends with posh motors, and one in particular who used to take the reg of teach car parked next to him when he had to park in a car park. I wouldn't own such a vehicle - although I would like to. Can't afford it at the moment anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                    X