• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google Wave - Your Opinion?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Wave - Your Opinion?

After playing it for a while I find it unusable, it's way too slow when typing or waiting for others to finish. If I type too quickly it takes ages to catch up and sometimes loses characters. This is the same regardless of OS, browser or PC.

Full on chat would be better as that's what it seems to be trying to be.

Anybody find it useful for anything?
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    After playing it for a while I find it unusable, it's way too slow when typing or waiting for others to finish. If I type too quickly it takes ages to catch up and sometimes loses characters. This is the same regardless of OS, browser or PC.

Full on chat would be better as that's what it seems to be trying to be.

Yes, it is hellishly sluggish and a resource hog, which is why I asked on the TPD wave if there were any native apps yet to run it on Windows.

Also, I imagine the longer a collaborative document grew (a la TPD! ) the slower it would become.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Nope and have given up trying.

Comment

It ain't Microsoft I ain't interested.

HTH

Comment

Working...
        X