• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brrr. Global Warming in Britain.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brrr. Global Warming in Britain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ld-winter.html

People in flood-hit Cumbria face more weather woes today as snow and plunging temperatures are forecast to hit Britain.

Temperatures across the country are set to plummet as low as -6C (23F) over the next two days, with northern England and Scotland worst hit and also facing a potential blanket of snow.

Thank god the world is getting 6 deg C warmer very soon!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8377128.stm

The UK's weather service projects that, unless there is an exceptionally cold spell before the end of the year, temperatures will be up on last year.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

For a moment there I thought it was -40...too much to ask for I suppose. suppose I'll just have to get on a plane to Ottawa to see snow again.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

The shops were heaving when I went hunting for Long-Johns over the weekend. I ended up queuing at the Customer Service Desk rather than joining the snake at the regular Primark tills. After I'd spent 20 minutes looking for an unused till in some lost corner of the store of course.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Stone me it's cold in here today.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The only time I've been warm today was on that overheated, packed to the gunwhales, train.
          Have you been watching the remastered ST:TOS on SKY 148? Kirk looks even better! Can't wait for the episode where he kicks your ass.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            It was a fix.
            *sings*
            Diamonds are a Kirk's best friend
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

It's good to see that we pro climate change lot can now castigate all you non believers as supporters of Nick Griffin and the BNP. It's what passes for logic in the modern world innit?

PS Personally I think Nick Griffin is really great in Family Guy.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

So global warming has finally killed off the North Atlantic Drift.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  So global warming has finally killed off the North Atlantic Drift.
                  Yeah, that other piece of stunning "science".

Comment

It's brass monkeys out there today.

In recognition of this fact, I think I'm going to buy a car with at least 4 litres in an effort to warm us up a bit.

HTH
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X