• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

physical abuse at work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

physical abuse at work

Hi there,

I was just wondering if someone might be able to help with pointing me in the right direction as I was physically abused at work recently.

Many Thanks for your help in advance

Go straight to client's HR dept and report it. Let them handle it, if it's happend once it could happen again. You have my symmpathy.

Comment

Took it in the past; never again.

As above, report it to HR.

Report it to your line manager, or if the line manager was responsible, your boss's boss.

Report it to the line manager of the person responsible.

Start a diary: what happened, who saw it, when etc. Keep this diary going with everything that happens. Do not dispose of this diary until at least 3 months after you leave ClientCo.

If there is anything to see (cuts, bruises, etc.) report it to the Police.

It is no longer acceptable to assault - no matter how trivially - anyone in the work place.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

forget that either take em outside and leather em or get your mates to do it for you.

Comment

....and people wonder why project managers have got a bad name in some quarters?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

so like what someone punches you and you run to HR??

I would never instigate violence but if someone tries to use it as a 'motivational' tool then you have to stop it asap - and one of the ways to do this is to give them a taste of their own medicine.

Comment

Take it to HR.
              If they`re any good the person will be gone in no time, if bad they`ll be let off with a warning, or should that be the other way around?

Comment

Originally posted by computerdog View Post
                Hi there,

I was just wondering if someone might be able to help with pointing me in the right direction as I was physically abused at work recently.

Many Thanks for your help in advance
                Is the bully also a contractor?

If so, should he not go to their line manager?

Comment

In addition to RC's, "If there's anything to see..." take photos and date them.

Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    Is the bully also a contractor?

If so, should he not go to their line manager?
                    If that is the case, wouldn't it be better to go straight to the police? In addition to their superior powers of punishment, you'd avoid involving the client in something that's probably not their responsibility. Well, you'd probably still involve them in the evidence-gathering but at least you wouldn't be passing the buck.

Comment

Working...
                    X