• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Day!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Day!

First day back in the office. As I am back with my previous client, it is literally as though the last six months have not happened.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

I had a 6 month break before returning to a client, when I logged on to their email system all of my old emails/folders were still there

Not always a good idea to go back, hope it works out for you.

Comment

Got the scar to prove it wasn't
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
        I had a 6 month break before returning to a client, when I logged on to their email system all of my old emails/folders were still there

Not always a good idea to go back, hope it works out for you.
        Same here, glad I didn't do anything too horrendous last time.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Good luck - it's always tough going back after a baby! But probably less stressful when they know you, and presumably will have understanding about your personal situation.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            Good luck - it's always tough going back after a baby! But probably less stressful when they know you, and presumably will have understanding about your personal situation.
            Is youz a woman, like?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              First day back in the office. As I am back with my previous client, it is literally as though the last six months have not happened.
              If you find the days drag, you could always play FarmVille. Don't forget to add me as a friend.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                It was hard, but baby barely missed mummy. Ha. Nice to be back with people I know, who know all about it, yes.

Farmville, no idea what that is...
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Gratz on being back but couldn't you have used the wifi in the hospital and carried on billing? Tell them you been for a long lunch or some thing
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    <In a bad cockney accent > Winds in the east, mist coming in, Like somethin' is brewin' and bout to begin. Can't put me finger on what lies in store, But I fear what's to happen all happened before.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X