• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Orange iPhone - what would you do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange iPhone - what would you do?

So I finally took the plunge and got an Orange iPhone, being an existing Orange customer I guess I took the easy option rather than change networks.

Now my Orange signal here at home office has never been marvellous, but with the iPhone it's practically vanished to nothing, rendering it useless for making phone calls, text messages, etc. O2 and T-M are the best networks for normal phone coverage round these 'ere parts. My old Nokia used to work ok, well enough to be adequately usable.

Away from home, I'm sure it'll be fine what with Orange's fantastic network

Before NorthernLad admonishes me for asking a total bunch of strangers to make this decision for me, would you,

(a) Send it back, get out of the contract, and revert to my old Nokia. Then,
    (i) Flip networks to O2, get their iPhone
    (ii) Wait until Orange and T-Mobile merge and try again

(b) Put the iPhone on call-divert to my landline, and wait it out in hope that the Orange-TM merger happens sooner rather than later. Then
    (i) rejoice in the superb combined coverage, or,
    (ii) lament that things aren't improved and my 28-day return window is long gone.

(c) Stick the SIM back in my old Nokia when at home, and put it in the iPhone when out-and-about or trying to impress folks with my ability to Google useless bits of info at the pub / cheat at the quiz (using WiFi). Then options as per (b) after the merger.

(d) Your own suggestion

I can't decide! Well, I suppose I can, but I could use some reassurance that I'm doing the right thing!

unlock it and put a vodafone sim in it...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Just use it as intended - to stroke and show people whilst subliminally telling them you have a small willy!

Comment

I haven't taken up the option yet of changing to an iPhone, was just waiting for a post such as this. I'll wait a bit longer I think.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Just use it as intended - to stroke and show people whilst subliminally telling them you have a small willy!
          LOL, iPhone bores, don't you just love 'em.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

iPhone is not that hot. Don't be a sheep - get an Android or Windows one. Unless you are a complete mac addict I really don't see the point. I was half interested until realised you can't even hold a separate battery for them as they are enclosed units. Bag o' tulipe.

Comment

If you know Orange has tulip coverage why did you stay? It's extremely easy to switch networks and keep the same number.

I switched from Orange to O2 and have never looked back, the coverage is fantastic in comparison.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                If you know Orange has tulip coverage why did you stay? It's extremely easy to switch networks and keep the same number.
                I stayed with Orange because I figured that if reception had been as good as my old Nokia, it would have been fine. Then would have been (hopefully) better after the merger with TM.

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                I switched from Orange to O2 and have never looked back, the coverage is fantastic in comparison.
                I think that's the answer for me too!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  (a) Send it back, get out of the contract, and revert to my old Nokia. Then, (i) Flip networks to O2, get their iPhone (ii) Wait until Orange and T-Mobile merge and try again
                  On what grounds are you returning the phone? if you knew that the signal wasn't too hot, then doesn't sound like you have much chance of getting a return.

(b) Put the iPhone on call-divert to my landline, and wait it out in hope that the Orange-TM merger happens sooner rather than later. Then (i) rejoice in the superb combined coverage, or, (ii) lament that things aren't improved and my 28-day return window is long gone.
                  Not too sure that the coverage will change if they merge - chances are that the coverage will stay the same until they can get out of their rental agreements for the dishes, which may be a while.

(c) Stick the SIM back in my old Nokia when at home, and put it in the iPhone when out-and-about or trying to impress folks with my ability to Google useless bits of info at the pub / cheat at the quiz (using WiFi). Then options as per (b) after the merger.
                  Yes
                  [/QUOTE]
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Move to O2, Orange are tulipe.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Working...
                    X