• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Choir Practice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choir Practice

I dont know if they still do it, but when I went to school we had assembly every day. We had a couple of hymns, a lecture, some news, then it was off to registration.
    Every Christmas we had an extra hour, every day for a month , for choir practice. Then we had to entertain the Mayor, or some other flunky at a Christmas carol service.

It's little wonder those songs stick in your head. Esp on a frosty day like today, December the first

In the bleak midwinter
    Frosty winds made moan
    Earth stood hard as iron
    Water like a stone
    Snow had fallen snow on snow
    Snow on snow
    In the bleak midwinter
    Long, long ago

What then can I give him
    Poor as I am
    If I were a shepherd
    I would bring a lamb
    If I were a wise man
    I would do my part
    What I can I give him
    I must give my heart

Snow had fallen snow on snow
    Snow on, snow on, snow
    In the bleak midwinter
    Long, long ago

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I dont know if they still do it, but when I went to school we had assembly every day. We had a couple of hymns, a lecture, some news, then it was off to registration.
    There is a choir at the youngests school - she goes once a week to learn songs for the christingle service.

She has been practising the songs at home for some time now...

I'm getting a little sick of little donkey, little donkey....

Comment

The older boys used to "While Shepherds Watch" to the tune of "Ilkley Moor Baht 'At", in barbershop close part harmony. Always went down well.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        This is one they made us practice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTrNQCYh70Y
        I definitely need headphones with better bass.

Originally posted by zeitghost
        And this one was a bit of a favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMpGd...stronger_r2-HM

I think they were just preparing us for life
        Adeste Fideles as the last carol of the Christmas service. Hols started about 3 minutes flat from the end of it, so it was always sung with gusto.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I was in the school choir. They used to take us to Harry Ramsdens for fish'n'chips on the way back from recitals. Which is the main reason most of us were in the choir. Well, apart from some of the snotty kids who got bullied in the playground and choir practices generally were during breaks.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X