PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite Turkey Leftover Recipe

BlackenedBiker
1st December 2009, 09:29
I'll start:

Turkey, Stuffing and Cranberry sandwich on whole meal with a pint.

Finishes me off nice on Christmas Day.

Paddy
1st December 2009, 09:35
I'll start:

Armenia

PRC1964
1st December 2009, 09:36
Turkey and gammon pie.

cailin maith
1st December 2009, 09:38
I'll start:

:spel

Turkey, Stuffing and Cranberry and MAYO sandwich on whole meal with a big cup of Tea :D

FiveTimes
1st December 2009, 09:39
I'll start:

fresh white bread, real butter, salt and pepper - done

Flubster
1st December 2009, 09:41
Turkey curry.

conned tractor
1st December 2009, 09:47
Turkey, chips and assorted pickles on Boxing Day.

suityou01
1st December 2009, 09:50
I cooked a boxing day curry with all the leftovers. ALL the leftovers. The slighly soured brussel sprouts and cabbage soaked up all the curry juice. The in laws politely chomped through it but were not happy. The wife was not complimentary either. I loved it. And we kazooed for England afterwards. :D

threaded
1st December 2009, 09:52
Armenia

LOL :yay:

I dice some up, warm up some teriyaki sauce and serve with noodles.

BoredBloke
1st December 2009, 10:12
Turkey plus bin and leave for about a week and then provided the lid is not more than 2mm open so that the poor wee lambs don't hurt themselves as the wheel it to the lorry, you'll find that all the turkey has completely gone.

BlackenedBiker
1st December 2009, 10:22
Turkey and gammon pie.

Might try that this year, as we have people staying for Boxing Day.

CUK for Recipe ideas, excellent

RichardCranium
1st December 2009, 14:34
Turkey risotto. Very filling (but not as scrummy and filling as goose risotto).

Naaarwich
1st December 2009, 14:47
This recipe applies not just to leftover turkey but any turkey.

1. Lift up turkey
2. Open door just under sink
3. Place turkey in rectangular receptacle
4. Close door

If it wasn't for Xmas I don't think anyone would buy turkey out of choice - it is so bland.

Halo Jones
1st December 2009, 16:48
If it wasn't for Xmas I don't think anyone would buy turkey out of choice - it is so bland.

Get an organic one & cook it right & its tasty :happy

shaunbhoy
1st December 2009, 17:11
Turkey Soup.
Throw everything in and boil the beejeezus out of it. Strain the bones out through a colander and, if you are feeling adventurous then add curry powder and pass it off as Mulligaturkey Soup too. Keeps you regular!!
:wink

EternalOptimist
1st December 2009, 17:31

In the olden days, when they stuffed a bird, they didn't do it like we do it nowadays.

Try this. Get a very sharp knife and cut little slits in the turkey skin. Force a mixture of bacon bits, garlic, herbs, a bit of butter or fat (in fact, whatever takes your fancy) in between the skin and the meat.

cook it normally. Thats how they used to do it, hundreds of years ago

:rolleyes:

gingerjedi
1st December 2009, 17:44
Accidentally on purpose let the cat get it.

I don't really like Turkey much, it's not good enough for the rest of the year so why Christmas? I prefer the beef on boxing day.

Bah humbug etc.

RichardCranium
1st December 2009, 17:50
Get a very sharp knife and cut little slits in the turkey skin. Force a mixture of bacon bits, garlic, herbs, a bit of butter or fat (in fact, whatever takes your fancy) in between the skin and the meat.I don't like lamb because I find it greasy.

A few years back my brother cooked a a lamb joint. Before doing so he made scores of cuts in it and into each one put a clove of garlic. He used about six BULBS of garlic on this lamb.

When it came out of the oven the garlic had caramelised and the fat had been stripped from the meat.

It was gorgeous.

He's a professional chef, BTW.

OwlHoot
1st December 2009, 17:52
I cooked a boxing day curry with all the leftovers. ALL the leftovers. The slighly soured brussel sprouts and cabbage soaked up all the curry juice. The in laws politely chomped through it but were not happy. The wife was not complimentary either. I loved it. And we kazooed for England afterwards. :D

Is a kazoo one of those twenty foot double-base trumpets they use in Tibet to produce sounds audible in the next mountain range? I'm guessing it is. :rolleyes:

EternalOptimist
1st December 2009, 18:08
I don't like lamb because I find it greasy.

A few years back my brother cooked a a lamb joint. Before doing so he made scores of cuts in it and into each one put a clove of garlic. He used about six BULBS of garlic on this lamb.

When it came out of the oven the garlic had caramelised and the fat had been stripped from the meat.

It was gorgeous.

He's a professional chef, BTW.

RC , now you have gotten me going:happy

I MUST try that

norrahe
1st December 2009, 21:25
RC , now you have gotten me going:happy

I MUST try that

Add some rosemary into the holes with the cloves and if you drape some anchovies on it they'll melt nicely if you cook it at about 120 for 3-4 hours.

wurzel
1st December 2009, 22:37
Turkey Supreme - still use the same recipe my mother used back in the 70s

Pinto
2nd December 2009, 10:37
Chop all the leftovers, not just the turkey, into small pieces and heat them on a frying pan with a bit of olive oil, add some cheese and piri-piri sauce.
Heat some flour tortillas, spoon the mixture in, wrap them up and there you go..Turkey burritos!