• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Gear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Gear

righto her indoors reckons James May really did stray into controlled airspace. I say it was all planned and scripted and he didn't get told off at all. What does the panel think?

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    righto her indoors reckons James May really did stray into controlled airspace. I say it was all planned and scripted and he didn't get told off at all. What does the panel think?
    Everything they do is scripted.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Planned and scripted, but still quite funny if only for how dangerous that thing looked.

Comment

Google has the answer to most entertainment related questions...
        http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24...Category=Video
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

What always gives TG away is how well it's all filmed. The airship "accidentally" ending up at Norwich airport had lots of cuts from different angles from a helicopter, and from the ground. You can't do that without planning it all and spending a couple of hours filming the same thing several times from different angles.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            If it was a bunch of idiots playing at being idiots it wouldn't be funny. What is funny is a bunch of chaps you know are really quite clever, acting like idiots.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              What always gives TG away is how well it's all filmed. The airship "accidentally" ending up at Norwich airport had lots of cuts from different angles from a helicopter, and from the ground. You can't do that without planning it all and spending a couple of hours filming the same thing several times from different angles.
              I was going to make that point - if Clarkson is driving the fastest production road car and he's racing then how come the film crew can stay in front and film him. How many crews to they use to get all them shots of the cars belting past when they are 'racing' over a couple of hundred miles? It's still funny though which is why I watch it
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                I was going to make that point - if Clarkson is driving the fastest production road car and he's racing then how come the film crew can stay in front and film him. How many crews to they use to get all them shots of the cars belting past when they are 'racing' over a couple of hundred miles? It's still funny though which is why I watch it
                Those car v's public transport races are filmed in 2 sections.
                First section with Clarkson in the car with the in-car cams and a trailing camera crew for those external petrol station shots

Second section filmed with a different crew, different driver but the same car getting all the lovely scenic external shots

The two film sets are then spliced together to create the story
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Those car v's public transport races are filmed in 2 sections.
                  First section with Clarkson in the car with the in-car cams and a trailing camera crew for those external petrol station shots

Second section filmed with a different crew, different driver but the same car getting all the lovely scenic external shots

The two film sets are then spliced together to create the story
                  If you look carefully the 2nd set of shots are actually sometimes shot on the way back from the destination but carefully spliced so that you can't tell any major differences (i.e that the alps swap sides of the car) unless you know the road they are driving on quite well.
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                  X