• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed.......

Spent almost 2 days over the past 2 weeks helping a niche consultancy company put a bid in for a consultancy study for 5 weeks for a good share of the fixed price revenue - just found out that IBM won the work instead.

So now officially benched as last gig finished yesterday though it was only part-time.

I should phone the job center and make an appointment to sign on but can't be bothered today this is bad news on top of an already bad situation going on in my life.

Has the varnish on the bench dried yet - I need to claim my place!
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Spent almost 2 days over the past 2 weeks helping a niche consultancy company put a bid in for a consultancy study for 5 weeks for a good share of the fixed price revenue - just found out that IBM won the work instead.

So now officially benched as last gig finished yesterday though it was only part-time.

I should phone the job center and make an appointment to sign on but can't be bothered today this is bad news on top of an already bad situation going on in my life.

Has the varnish on the bench dried yet - I need to claim my place!
    You're not out of work! Great news, your Ltd Co will employ you with any remaining funds to find the next gig. So you are effectively the company salesman. Now suit up and get to work.

HTH
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      You're not out of work! Great news, your Ltd Co will employ you with any remaining funds to find the next gig. So you are effectively the company salesman. Now suit up and get to work.

HTH
      Thanks for the note!

I would be if I was ltd but I'm brolly - was going to set up the ltd co for the new tax year. Also I have been my own salesman since mid Oct when I was put down to part-time work - I've had lots of 'possible' opportunities but no-one ready to commit to anything - now its Dec its dead time for them anyway, some people aren't even answering their phones or not returning voicemails.

Anyway, nearly time to pick up the kids from school now - I'll get some fresh air maybe that will help me feel better today.

Comment

I got offered a gig today, but turned it down because I'm already in work. Thought that would cheer you up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
          I got offered a gig today, but turned it down because I'm already in work. Thought that would cheer you up a bit.
          gr8
          fantastic
          thanks
          next!

Comment

Sorry to hear you are having a rotten time.

The good news is that the varnish is almost dry and we are a friendly lot on the bench.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

hello

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Sorry to hear you are having a rotten time.

The good news is that the varnish is almost dry and we are a friendly lot on the bench.

Comment

Working...
              X