• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At last a realistic jobs site!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last a realistic jobs site!

stinkyLinkyWotsit

Hmmm, maybe that name isn't so good?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

If you try to subscibe it transers you to

http://www.scotche.gg/email/form.php?form=1

and says

An error has occurred.

An error(s) has occurred while trying to subscribe you to our contact list:

-The answer you provided for the captcha image does not match the one in the form. Please try again.
    regardless of what you put in the captcha field.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Doing a Google search for 'wobblyjobs' returns lots of pointers back to that site.

So somebody is clearly getting their SEO marketing in place before it goes live.

So how about fixing that form, MrMark, eh?
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Doing a Google search for 'wobblyjobs' returns lots of pointers back to that site.

So somebody is clearly getting their SEO marketing in place before it goes live.

So how about fixing that form, MrMark, eh?
        Sorry, me no understand. Strictly a data guy. All these flimsy marketing SEO and screens stuff send me a bit funny..
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
          Sorry, me no understand. Strictly a data guy. All these flimsy marketing SEO and screens stuff send me a bit funny..
          So you're not Leon Hunt then?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            So you're not Leon Hunt then?
            Nope, my name's Chris Lyon.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              Nope
              Fairy nuffski.

I thought I had been dead clever and caught you promoting your web site.

I apologise.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolpusher
                Well it's got folk talking, so in that respect it's succeeded. I fear though that any mainstream company won't be advertising respectable jobs on a site with such a name; time will tell I suppose..

Comment

Does the world really need another jobs site full of the same cr*ppy and fictional jobs?
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Hi Guys
                    I apologise for the problem with the verification option on the mailing list.
                    I have informed my coder and ne is amending it.

A bit about me I am indeed Leon Hunt the founder of WobblyJobs.Com.
                    I have been a Freelance IT bod for 13.5yrs on and off.

Unfortunately due to the current economic crisis after being on retention with IBM for 3.5yrs. when I finished what was my then current project I was released from their employment.

I had been lucky enough that I did not have to actively market myself in the past. So coming into what I could only describe as a baron and somewhat cut throat marketplace was a blow.

After a couple of weeks of dead ends and harsh treatment I got involved with a local group of unemployed professionals who met once a week for coffee to help each other out with Job seeking advice.

As you can imagine these meetings could be somewhat depressing on occasion. The most glaringly obvious comment from everyone in the group about what caused there grey mood was the lack of correspondence from Recruiters.

EG
                    One of the girls at the group had applied for 18 jobs and had only received correspondence from 2. She had chased the other 16 RA’s with little or no success.

Being a system engineer I started to think about how we would write a piece of software that could resolve the communications issue and WobblyJobs.Com was born.

I have designed the logic myself and I have also signed up various recruitment companies to undertake user acceptance testing.

I am trying my hardest to combine as many user friendly and automated features as possible in order to keep the lines of communications open to the candidate but also reducing the labour time for the RA.

Yes I am taking a massive gamble on the name but it is getting the traffic numbers so far. so fingers crossed!

Who knows in 6 months time my bounce rate may be through the roof and it could turn out to be the biggest mistake of my newly formed business life but after many sleepless nights I took Mr Branson’s advice “Screw it lets do it”

If anyone wants to request any features or must haves please register on our new forum. I welcome any constructive comments you may have.

Sorry once again for the issue with the verification tool.

Kind Regards
                    Leon Hunt
                    Email:[email protected]

P.S.
                    Sorry Forum admins I am not spamming just trying to make good our coding mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                    X