• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mulled wine is amazing!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mulled wine is amazing!

Any other hot alcoholic drinks we should know about? My wife brought back tales of "German fire punch" from a weekend away, which also sounds exciting.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Warm Mead is worth a try.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I gave the missus her third hot toddy of the winter just now

2 shots of whisky
      1 teaspoon brown sugar
      large dollop of honey
      2 slice lemon
      top up tumbler with boiling water

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Ah! Thank's for this thread. It's something I keep meaning to ask but I forget.

I've noticed that there are loads of places that are selling 'Mulled Cider' this year. Never noticed it before; is it wide spread? I take it that I'm being fick and it was around last year too.

A bit of googling tells me that it is the original 'Wassail' as in the drinking toast.

I might try it sometime, but something makes me think that it going to be too much for me.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

i had this in a bar somewhere icy cold in eastern europe one new year.
          Kept my cockles warm on more than one occasion.

1 or 2 shots dark rum,
          brown sugar to taste,
          1 cinnamon stick,
          2-3 whole cloves,
          top up with hot water

serve in glass mug

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            I gave the missus her third hot toddy of the winter just now

2 shots of whisky
            1 teaspoon brown sugar
            large dollop of honey
            2 slice lemon
            top up tumbler with boiling water

Mmm must go and make a hot whisky

I prefer mine withou the honey and I stud the sliced lemon with cloves.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Why would anyone want to mess up decent booze by putting spices and sugar and other sh1te in it and then heating it so all the alchohol evaporates?
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                Why would anyone want to mess up decent booze by putting spices and sugar and other tulipe in it and then heating it so all the alchohol evaporates?
                You want to try a Rumtopf then, all that is done and more. One of the most potent creations known to man (I've seen the fumes from one eat through silver foil.)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Any other hot alcoholic drinks we should know about? My wife brought back tales of "German fire punch" from a weekend away, which also sounds exciting.
                  Glühwein, disgusting stuff IMHO. Everyhere in Germany sells it at the moment. I prefer the little stand in the Weihnachtsmarkt that does all these weird and wonderful variations on a hot Schnapps, some are pretty lethal.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Why would anyone want to mess up decent booze by putting spices and sugar and other tulipe in it and then heating it so all the alchohol evaporates?
                    WHS - Like spicing meat, the only reason they used to mull wine in the middle ages was because it tasted so vile on it own.

Even King John couldn't get hold of decent wine, and he complained about the bits floating in it and the reak of tar from the barrels, so much so that he could only drink it while holding his breath.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X