• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Garrgh - car wheels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garrgh - car wheels

Anybody know where I can get a replacement steel car wheel (Mrs MM has had a bad day) - everywhere I google seems to want to sell me a new set of alloys .
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

eBay, freecycle, google second hand car parts, breakers etc. There are online forums for lots of makes where you might even get a free one.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      eBay,.
      Good shout. Ta.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Wheels are something that makes me to laugh: lots of people fit alloys to their cars even though the replacement alloy is in fact quite a bit heavier than the steel it is replacing.

To get light alloy wheels you have to pay proper money.

Also steel wheels might look cruddy, but they don't get any worse and after a few months certainly look better to my eyes than dirty, scraped, chipped, bubbling alloys do.

You can even get stainless steel rims which I've seen on cars and motorbike and are much easier to clean than alloys. Although that said, they were spoked or bolted, and with my materials hat on I'd be a bit worried about using stainless on salty roads in winter for anything that could be fatigued.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          Wheels are something that makes me to laugh: lots of people fit alloys to their cars even though the replacement alloy is in fact quite a bit heavier than the steel it is replacing.

To get light alloy wheels you have to pay proper money.

Also steel wheels might look cruddy, but they don't get any worse and after a few months certainly look better to my eyes than dirty, scraped, chipped, bubbling alloys do.

You can even get stainless steel rims which I've seen on cars and motorbike and are much easier to clean than alloys. Although that said, they were spoked or bolted, and with my materials hat on I'd be a bit worried about using stainless on salty roads in winter for anything that could be fatigued.
          Totally agree, but it's getting hard to get a car with steel wheels - even the Police have given in.

Comment

http://www.find-a-part.com/
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
            X