• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blinkin' Human Rights Act

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean how can this be right?

People expecting the fash to investigate stuff - where will it end? It's PC gone mad.

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

People expecting the fash to investigate stuff - where will it end? It's PC's gone mad.

I believe that more than 1 police constable was involved
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

PCs
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

'effing disgrace
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Proves that incompetence and corruption are rife within the Police. And the diciplinary action? Probably just a wedgie from the chief.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

People expecting the fash to investigate stuff - where will it end? It's PC gone mad.
            This has nothing to do with The Human Rights Act. It is a civil case and in was settled out of court to save costs.

Anybody can apply to the court to sue anybody for anything. How far it gets, or even if the case is stuck out depends on the merits of the case. If people didn’t sue the police; the police would be even more complacent that what they are now.

Without the Human Rights Act, a clamant who has lost a case in the High Court could take it to the European Court of Human Rights if it was appropriate. (There is very strict criteria before one can do so and it is very rare )

The Human Rights Act makes the process much shorter because most matters can now be dealt with by the UK courts.

The press loves to have a go at the Human Rights Act, but if anyone has tried to litigate against a government body they have found that it is an endless up hill struggle.

I will give an example of an incident that happened to my next door neighbour. Two trespassers attacked her. She was beaten and bruised but managed to call the police. The male trespassers claimed that she had attacked them first so they said there was no case to answer and advised the trespassers to sue her! She spent £10 on perusing damages from the police before running out of money. This is the norm, but this type of case does not get published, only when somebody gets compensation it becomes news-worthy.

All you post does it to proved that the media propaganda machine works fine and there are enough people willing to believe it.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Ahem, Paddy: Peoplesoft bloke was being sarcastic. He didn't use the old , that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                This has nothing to do with The Human Rights Act. It is a civil case and in was settled out of court to save costs.

Anybody can apply to the court to sue anybody for anything. How far it gets, or even if the case is stuck out depends on the merits of the case. If people didn’t sue the police; the police would be even more complacent that what they are now.

Without the Human Rights Act, a clamant who has lost a case in the High Court could take it to the European Court of Human Rights if it was appropriate. (There is very strict criteria before one can do so and it is very rare )

The Human Rights Act makes the process much shorter because most matters can now be dealt with by the UK courts.

The press loves to have a go at the Human Rights Act, but if anyone has tried to litigate against a government body they have found that it is an endless up hill struggle.

I will give an example of an incident that happened to my next door neighbour. Two trespassers attacked her. She was beaten and bruised but managed to call the police. The male trespassers claimed that she had attacked them first so they said there was no case to answer and advised the trespassers to sue her! She spent £10 on perusing damages from the police before running out of money. This is the norm, but this type of case does not get published, only when somebody gets compensation it becomes news-worthy.

All you post does it to proved that the media propaganda machine works fine and there are enough people willing to believe it.
                wrong wrong wrong.

I took Peoplesofts post to be a self-deprecating and sardonic look at THRA. As if to say, 'here is me slagging off THRA for years, and now it turns out to be the only way this poor woman was going to get some justice' PeoplesoftBloke will correct me if I talk bollks

The case does have some relevance to the act because the action being brought was under the 'degrading treatment by the state' bit, plod tried to settle for 1500, but she declined then accepted 3500.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  wrong wrong wrong.

I took Peoplesofts post to be a self-deprecating and sardonic look at THRA. As if to say, 'here is me slagging off THRA for years, and now it turns out to be the only way this poor woman was going to get some justice' PeoplesoftBloke will correct me if I talk bollks

The case does have some relevance to the act because the action being brought was under the 'degrading treatment by the state' bit, plod tried to settle for 1500, but she declined then accepted 3500.

Point taken.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                  X