• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite Politically Correct phrases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Politically Correct phrases

My favourite so far has to be "Customer of Size".

I shall be changing it to "Client of Size" and using it in as many emails as I can today.

If he was travelling for business and had to purchase 2 seats, would his company be legally bound to pay for both seats or face a charge of discrimination?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

You stupid,fat ugly wench...

Sorry, thats as PC as I get!
      Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Police PC's.

Mr Denham was reproached by the audience, who pointed out the phrase had been effectively banned by some forces, including the Metropolitan police, because it is thought to originate in the 18th century slave trade. "If I used nitty gritty I would face a disciplinary charge," said PC Chris Jefford, who challenged the minister.

"Good egg" is deemed to be too closely associated with "egg and spoon" - rhyming slang for "coon".

police ban the use of "nitty-gritty" and "good egg"

Comment

"Good egg" is deemed to be too closely associated with "egg and spoon" - rhyming slang for "coon".
          Both phrases have the word "egg" in them, big whoop, WTF's that got to do with racist rhyming slang.

I ran in the egg and spoon race when I was a kid (actually, I won), does that make me some kind of fanatical racist monster?

This politcal correctness has got to stop.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Good point here:

The matter became more convoluted the following morning, when John Denham wrote to the Guardian saying that he had checked most carefully and had established that there was no list of banned words in the police force. The Guardian report hadn’t said there was, but that officers could face a charge of breaching the codes on tolerance if anyone complained, a more subtle form of control that requires officers to self-censor every word (and yet still leaves them open to frivolous or malicious complaints).
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              Both phrases have the word "egg" in them, big whoop, WTF's that got to do with racist rhyming slang.

I ran in the egg and spoon race when I was a kid (actually, I won), does that make me some kind of fanatical racist monster?

This politcal correctness has got to stop.
              You absolute b@stard. Do NOT use the 'K' word around here(K I D )

Somebody may be offended if they make the link to a goat, then the ryming slang Billy Goat Gruff, to rough. People feel rough when they have a hangover so you are, in effect, accusing someone of being a secret alcoholic, if they take it the wrong way. Take it the wrong way?????, there you go again accusing them of being a homo alcoholic.

b@rsted.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

That 'nitty-gritty' stuff was dealt with some years back; they were wrong - there is no association with the slave trade.

That story was from 2002!
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Someone I know uses the expression "roys". It's probably a bit obscure.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Ok. More recent bull.

Bet these kids, sorry children, don't take part in the egg and spoon race or stare up at the silvery moon.

Politically Correct Bedtime Stories: A Collection of Modern Tales for Our Life and Times (Hardcover)

Dangerous ground giving examples of political correctness as if someone thinks this is out of order, although all this PC nonesense is a right load of carp, I will be the one forced to retract even though I am only making a point and don't wish offence to be caused.

Comment

Working...
                    X