• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview (Outcome) Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview (Outcome) Advice

The missus has been for a permie interview (non-IT), start date Jan 2010. Job was advertised (through agent) last Weds 18th Nov, she sent in her CV on the Thurs 19th and got immediate response with a request to meet agent on Friday 20th morning.

Met agent on Fri 20th, CV was submitted to client on Fri 20th.

On Tues 24th she gets a call for interview with client for Thursday 26th.

Attends interview with client on Thurs 26th and is positive with the role, she is told she will know outcome on Friday 27th (end of week) as manager is away on holiday for a week after. Second interviews will commence w/c Mon 14th Dec after his holiday.

No call on Friday 27th, so she calls agent on Fri afternoon and is told that client is busy, has cancelled his holiday and will get back to them next week with a decision.

Weds 2nd Dec now, and still no news.

Thoughts? Is this a loss-leader? Or do you think she is potentially still in the running for the position?

It could be one or several of many things. Untill she actually starts work there she will never really know.

I hope she hasn't pinned all her hopes on this one job and stopped looking for work
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

If it was a contract postion, it would be dead and gone. But a permie role ? they are much less likely to pull your chain, so keep after it.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        If it was a contract postion, it would be dead and gone. But a permie role ? they are much less likely to pull your chain, so keep after it.

Kepp sending that CV out though!
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
          Kepp sending that CV out though!
          aye.
          what happens to a shark when it stops swimming ? it drowns and dies.

keep moving forward, keep going, never look back, never stop, dont let them grind you down, stick at it

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

When things go quiet it can mean the preferred candidate has been offered the job but has not yet responded or their referees have not yet responded.

The second preferred candidate will then be told nothing and left waiting.

So it could be that.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              When things go quiet it can mean the preferred candidate has been offered the job but has not yet responded or their referees have not yet responded.

So it could be that.
              Exactly what I was going to say. The client "on holiday" ruse has been used on me.

Comment

Have you PM'd admin to prove the veracity of your claim that you are El Duder?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

So it could be that.

This is a good point. i still think shes in the running for it, but i do get the feeling if they liked her, she would have known immediatley (Fri)

Thanks for the great advice and thoughts - nice to get another perspective on the situation - and of course shes out there applying for jobs, pushing forward.

Comment

Always assume you haven't got it until it's formally offered.

Comment

Working...
                    X