• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travelling in a fried out combi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelling in a fried out combi

Not very big news today, but I was following this a few months ago when I was in OZ.

In a nutshell, the Oz PM, Rudd, wanted to bring in Carbon laws ahead of Copenhagen, to show the good credentials of the worlds largest co2 producer(per capita).

The opposition leader, Turnbull, went along with the plan. There was opposition within the opposition, and now Turnbull has been given the boot, and Rudds proposal has also been given the boot.

Could this be another crack in the AGW dam ?

Ruddy hell
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Not very big news today, but I was following this a few months ago when I was in OZ.

In a nutshell, the Oz PM, Rudd, wanted to bring in Carbon laws ahead of Copenhagen, to show the good credentials of the worlds largest co2 producer(per capita).

The opposition leader, Turnbull, went along with the plan. There was opposition within the opposition, and now Turnbull has been given the boot, and Rudds proposal has also been given the boot.

Could this be another crack in the AGW dam ?

Ruddy hell
    The way I heard it on R4 the other day this gives Rudd an excuse to call a snap election which he is likely to win by a lopsided margin due to public support for the changes, which will then go through anyway since Rudds govt will have an much better majority in parliament and be able to do what it wants without having to keep the opposition on board.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      The way I heard it on R4 the other day this gives Rudd an excuse to call a snap election which he is likely to win by a lopsided margin due to public support for the changes, which will then go through anyway since Rudds govt will have an much better majority in parliament and be able to do what it wants without having to keep the opposition on board.
      But that was before WarmingGate. The leaked emails seem to have caused more of a stir in Oz and the US than they have here.
      Having said that , I heard that the head of Climatology at East Anglia stood down this a.m.

Dont forget , Copenhagen will happen between now and any possible snap election , so the question is moot.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Is it only me who's old enough?

To get the Men at Work lyrical reference in the op's subject line?

Comment

Working...
        X