• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: Alcohol's health benefits doubted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear: Alcohol's health benefits doubted

Alcohol's health benefits doubted
    Originally posted by First the Good News
    The findings in The Lancet suggest that drinking a glass or two of wine a day may not be such a good idea. There is more evidence that heavier drinking provides the most heart protection - alcoholics have relatively 'clean' arteries - they say.
    Originally posted by Now the Bad News
    However, lead researcher Dr Rod Jackson, from the University of Auckland, and his team said the other health risks definitely outweigh the benefits. Do not assume there is a window in which the health benefits of alcohol are greater than the harms - there is probably no free lunch.
    So do I abstain or become an alcoholic?

Originally posted by wendigo100
    Alcohol's health benefits doubted

So do I abstain or become an alcoholic?

Drink!

For you know not whence you came nor why:

Drink!

For you know not why you go, nor where.

You know, my Friends, how long since in my House
    For a new Marriage I did make Carouse:

Divorced old barren Reason from my Bed,
    And took the Daughter of the Vine to Spouse.

Omar Khayyam
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 2 December 2005, 13:22.

Comment

Alcohol makes your brain grow

All the vodka I drink is what makes me so intelligent, improves my memory and my er. What was the question?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Alcohol gets you laid. As long as it isnt yourself who is consuming it.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
        X