• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I throw these out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I throw these out?

Just looking for a book and I found these two.

MSCD Training Kit : Desktop Applications with Visual C++ 6.0 and the VB equiv.

I found Wrox books on ATL COM too.

It's GOT to be more than six or seven years since I've looked at them.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

eBay.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      eBay.
      Used IT books unfortunately don't sell for much (if at all) on eBay due to the cost of postage.

I managed to sell my ITIL v2 books on eBay for £15 each including postage - but only because they were in immaculate condition and cost £65 each when new. The postage on each of them was £6!
      Last edited by chicane; 2 December 2009, 21:13.

Comment

saw a contract a while back (months not years) for someone with a long list of legacy skills to develop on windows 3.1 for about £800 a day.

i'd hang onto any old books, you never know when youll need them!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by jim2406 View Post
          saw a contract a while back (months not years) for someone with a long list of legacy skills to develop on windows 3.1 for about £800 a day.
          If you see it again, please tell me.

I still have use VC6 to build some legacy stuff.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

COM is a useful skill. I use it right now, without any of that ATL stuff.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've stacked lots of old books as wall insulation for the dogs kennel / bicycle repair station.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                eBay.
                WHS.

eBay for a penny, with the buyer must collect option.

Comment

My monitor stand is made up of Design Patterns, by Gamma, Helm, Johnson and Vlisides, and The Art of Agile Programming by Shore and Warden. Best use I've found for them.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    My monitor stand is made up of Design Patterns, by Gamma, Helm, Johnson and Vlisides, and The Art of Agile Programming by Shore and Warden. Best use I've found for them.
                    Yup, found that one too. I thought I'd keep that - sort of a classic 'n all. I've got a 1st Ed K&R somewhere.

Also found Meyers, Effective C++; I was planning to hang on to that too, but I'm not sure why.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X