• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You can't blame TPD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't blame TPD

Gosh, I'm the only one logged on.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

I wonder if the server will be faster after that little outage just now.

edit:

it is!

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 4 seconds.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

It is interesting how different web browsers behave.

Edit:

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
      This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 10 seconds.

Comment

That was quick!

Currently Active Users: 36 (11 members and 25 guests)
        Most users ever online was 673, 22nd April 2009 at 13:34.
        RichardCranium, alreadypacked, BlackenedBiker, FiveTimes, gingerjedi, Moscow Mule, Pondlife, TheBarCapBoyz, Town64, Weltchy

Comment

Internet Exporer v 6

The page cannot be displayed
          The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
          • Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
          • If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
          • To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
          • If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
          • If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
          • click Detect Network Settings
          • Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
          • If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
          • Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
          Internet Explorer

Comment

You're such a moaner. And you make assumptions based on nothing.

Server was down due to TPD. Brought it down so the server hosts could put some more memory in it. Will look at opening TPD again when I am a bit more awake and have looked at merging the two threads. That may mean some more downtime for the forum.

Comment

Firefox v 2.0

The connection has timed out

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The server at forums.contractoruk.com is taking too long to respond.

• The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
              • If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
              • If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

[Try Again]

Comment

maybe you should consider a testing gig instead of a PM one

Comment

Firefox v3.5.5

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

• The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
                  • If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
                  • If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

[Try Again]

Comment

Google Chrome

This web page is not available.

The web page at null might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

+ More information on this error
                    Below is the original error message

Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error.

Comment

Working...
                    X