• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swine Flu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swine Flu

Rup Jr has it. Poor little mite. It sucks.
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Sorry to hear that.

Out of interest, how do you know it is swine-flu and not seasonal flu?

Both have the same symptons and without a blood test and a lab report, how do people know it is swine flu?

Comment

Fair question - you're right, it could be seasonal. just ticks all the boxes for swine flu though
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
        Fair question - you're right, it could be seasonal. just ticks all the boxes for swine flu though
        So does regular flu, and a cold, and any number of other minor illnesses. No comfort to Ruprect Jr I know, they still make you feel crap.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

One way of knowing is by examining the mucous membrane. Different viruses explode cells and stimulate sneezing in different ways once the cells are RNA or DNA loaded.
          It's simply a matter of rubbing some of the membrane between finger and thumb, tasting and then determining which type it is.
          Colds and infections do not propogate in this way, so it's easy to rule them out

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Whatever happened to the second wave of Swine Flu? Wasn't it coming in November? Have I missed it already?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

My daughter had it - once she got the anti-virals she improved very quickly.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                My daughter had it - once she got the anti-virals she improved very quickly.
                I thought the anti virals were to prevent you getting it, then tamiflu once the symptoms started ?

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I thought the anti virals were to prevent you getting it, then tamiflu once the symptoms started ?

You know what I meant - the Tamiflu smart.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Apparently the main dfference is that swine flu is somewhat milder, than normal seasonal flu. In Australia, which has had it's seasonal flu, the swine flu has displaced normal flu completely and there were far less deaths than usual.

They expect swine flu to replace normal flu and become seasonal flu.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X