• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parcel Delivery Scam...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parcel Delivery Scam...

Thought you might like to know about this one grrrr

Dear Colleagues

Please be aware of a current parcel delivery scam.

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a parcel scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655.

This was a genuine threat about 5 years ago and the scam was shut down

And try to do some research before forwarding emails like this, next you'll be posting warnings about how you need to dial 112 from a mobile to reach the local police

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/pds-phone-scam.html
    Last edited by Spacecadet; 3 December 2009, 13:12.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

thanks a friend of mine just got this email at work in the city, sorry i was just trying to be helpful

Comment

They've obviously started this hoax again.

My mother got just such a card last week, so did her neighbours. Not e-mail though, they came with the post. She lives in a retirement complex and fortunately the manager heard about them and warned everyone.

Comment

This is what the premium rate phone calls regulator PhonepayPlus – previously known as ICSTIS – says about it:

'This number was used on a scam that PhonepayPlus adjudicated on in 2005. This number is no longer running and has not been running since December 2005. If you receive a copy of the email warning you about the alleged scam, please do not forward it to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
            Thought you might like to know about this one grrrr

Dear Colleagues

Please be aware of a current parcel delivery scam.

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).

DO NOT call this number, as this is a parcel scam originating from Belize.

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655.
            If you discover a scam like that; report it to ScamLine 0906 6611911
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              If you discover a scam like that; report it to ScamLine 0906 6611911
              You bastard, you've just cost me £15!

I'm calling scamline.

Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                You bastard, you've just cost me £15!

I'm calling scamline.

Doh!

report it to a new improved scamline
                0906 6611911

Comment

Scam line + offers to pay you a cheque for £5 for ervey scam reported. Please listen to our message on how to claim your £5.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                    Scam line + offers to pay you a cheque for £5 for ervey scam reported. Please listen to our message on how to claim your £5.
                    lol
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X