• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commuting to Berlin from Uk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commuting to Berlin from Uk

Anyone had to do it? Any advice?

Looking at the airport schedules it's looking pretty dismal. Either leaving on a Sunday afternoon or driving 100+ miles to Heathrow first

Cheers,

NN
    It is better to be silent and thought of a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

My dad used to go to Berlin every night drop of a load and be back in Blighty for breakfast.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      My dad used to go to Berlin every night drop of a load and be back in Blighty for breakfast.
      With a bowl of spaghetti on his lap?

Comment

My dad used to go to Berlin every night drop a load and be back in Blighty for breakfast.
        That's a long way to go for a dump (or indeed, a pot noodle).
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

you dont say where your flying from other than its approx 100+miles to heathrow, where are your nearest airports and what is it you'd like to know?

air berlin has great hostesses if that's any help
          german wings has a tasty BLT sandwich with semi-passable bacon
          lufthansa gives you a crappy sandwich but you mainly park connected to the terminal so saves 15 mins of the bus tour around the airport
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Plenty still do that, especially around the Stuttgarter Platz.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I'm just south of Birmingham.

BHX would be the obvious choice but there doesn't appear to be any direct flights.
              It is better to be silent and thought of a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkNinja View Post
                I'm just south of Birmingham.

BHX would be the obvious choice but there doesn't appear to be any direct flights.
                How far is LTN from you. Sleasyjet fly Luton to Berlin.

I did a quick search and it comes back at £108 flying out on 3rd and returning on the 8th Jan.

Comment

what about east midlands, ryanair fly to berlin schoenefeld, plenty cheapness

flights
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Thanks for your help. Both East Midlands and Luton are options I'd considered, the flights from EMA are just at funny times and Luton would be a 90 minute drive. Guess you can't have everything

I think I may speak to clientco and find out if they could be flexible on home working 1 day a week.

Comment

Working...
                    X