• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Craig Colclough's dad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craig Colclough's dad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...21-medals.html

I shouldn't but...
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Is one of them an Iron Cross?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Is one of them an Iron Cross?
        I do hope so.

This story cracked me up when I saw it. I keep trying to be outraged by it, but I can't.

I hope the Daily Wail aren't successful in their witch-hunt.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          I hope the Daily Wail aren't successful in their witch-hunt.

The nasty, evil man has been caught and arrested.

Yesterday it emerged Mr Day had been arrested on suspicion of 'wearing military medals without authority as to be calculated to deceive'.

A Warwickshire Police spokesman said Mr Day was arrested under section 197 of the Army Act 1955, which makes wearing decorations without authority a criminal offence.
          I am so pleased the Crown Prosecution Service and the Police have seen it worthwhile to invest the necessary time and resources into hunting down this sick criminal. My Christmas would have been utterly ruined had I thought this man might still be walking the streets, perhaps wearing a Guards blazer or a Parachute Regiment tie.

And well done the Waily Fail for highlighting the activities of this sicko. The streets are now safe again, now this poor old deluded failed ex-squaddie has had his face and activities splashed all over the news. Where would we be without such hard-nosed, brave journalism protecting us from such dangerous anarchists?
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I'm eating a bowl of pasta right now, it's on my lap, I will get back to this thread when I land.

Comment

The nasty, evil man has been caught and arrested.

I am so pleased the Crown Prosecution Service and the Police have seen it worthwhile to invest the necessary time and resources into hunting down this sick criminal. My Christmas would have been utterly ruined had I thought this man might still be walking the streets, perhaps wearing a Guards blazer or a Parachute Regiment tie.

And well done the Waily Fail for highlighting the activities of this sicko. The streets are now safe again, now this poor old deluded failed ex-squaddie has had his face and activities splashed all over the news. Where would we be without such hard-nosed, brave journalism protecting us from such dangerous anarchists?
              Just finished the pasta, now at what point did the Crown Prosecution Service get involved then??

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Just finished the pasta, now at what point did the Crown Prosecution Service get involved then??
                They get involved once the Old Bill feel they have sufficient evidence for a prosecution. Given the publicity of this case and the documentary evidence that is available, the Police probably consulted the CPS prior to his arrest, but will certainly do so once they have a statement from him.

The CPS will then decide whether there is sufficient evidence (which there clearly is) to get the Magistrates Court involved. Unless someone decides it "would not be in the public interest" (= "involves a politician or a celebrity") in which case it gets quietly dropped.

In think that's how the process works.

Comment

I am so pleased the Crown Prosecution Service and the Police have seen it worthwhile to invest the necessary time and resources into hunting down this sick criminal.
                  If the law has been broken and a complaint has been made what else are they supposed to do?

We wouldn't really want the police making value judgements about what, or worse who, they should and should not be investigating would we?

If you think that the law is wrong then you need to go to the politicians to fix it.

If you think that society is wrong for highlighting legal issues based on the whims of the popular press then ..... hmmm, I'm not sure about that one.

Comment

They get involved once the Old Bill feel they have sufficient evidence for a prosecution. Given the publicity of this case and the documentary evidence that is available, the Police probably consulted the CPS prior to his arrest, but will certainly do so once they have a statement from him.

The CPS will then decide whether there is sufficient evidence (which there clearly is) to get the Magistrates Court involved. Unless someone decides it "would not be in the public interest" (= "involves a politician or a celebrity") in which case it gets quietly dropped.

In think that's how the process works.
                    "They get involved once the Old Bill feel they have sufficient evidence for a prosecution"

And has that happened?

"the Police probably consulted the CPS prior to his arrest"

Bollocks, the police present a case and then that is decided upon, you are talking out of your arse here.

"In think that's how the process works"

That is not how it worked when I worked for the police.

Comment

Working...
                    X