• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When are Labour going to be punished for their failure?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When are Labour going to be punished for their failure?

Presided over economic failure, went to war twice for no reason...

Well, I did say.....
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Plenty of reasons. Just not entirely the right reasons. Maybe.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Labour'll win the next election.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          terrifying thought but as I heard it put "now every street in Newcastle is a constituency, and the 'South of England' is another , they are in with a chance"

OK plan C...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Presided over economic failure, went to war twice for no reason...
            You make it sound as though the Credit Crunch only affected the UK!

Don't get me wrong, NuLab have damaged this country, but most people think the Tories would have carried out the same policies (in fact in 2007 they were calling for MORE deregulation).

I still think the Tories should win the next election, but they're making it difficult for themselves - perhaps they don't want to win it????

It's a contradiction, but Labour may gain a lot of votes for carrying out the policies that are damaging us long-term. In contrast to other countries, house prices have held up in many areas (thx to all that QE and money generally squandered). We won't have a genuine recovery until house prices revert to their long term average. Until that point the sector is sucking all the productive money out of the economy. That's why the continent will pull out of the recession before we will, despite the so-called "strength" of the Euro. Yet UK voters will be personally hoping that house prices stay up, and may thus vote Labour. The converse is also true - if the Tories really do get a grip on finances, then house prices will initially slump. A lot of home-owners will fear this. Fear will be the key to the next election.

As for the two wars - it's a just a symptom of the UK being the US's poodle. I'm afraid Dave (or William Hague) would have done no different.
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I would like see how much damage UKIP have done in the marginal seats, I still think the recent slump in Tory % is down to the Lisbon back-peddling.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Sadly, I think that this is a very real possibility.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Gordon will win the next election if good people stand idly by.
                  Vote or forget about complaining.

PZZ
                  Last edited by pzz76077; 5 December 2009, 20:20.

Comment

Working...
                  X