• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pandering to the idiots.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pandering to the idiots.

The gf went to her local doctors and they sent a letter through the door today asking for her opinion of her doctor...

"I am writing to ask you to take part in the Scottish GP patient survey, 'GP' is short for 'general practitioner', which is what we call family doctors here in Scotland"

The letter was translated into 21 languages (seriously) for her benefit.

Was one of them "scots"? It's my favourite:
    http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/vl...cots/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      The gf went to her local doctors and they sent a letter through the door today asking for her opinion of her doctor...

"I am writing to ask you to take part in the Scottish GP patient survey, 'GP' is short for 'general practitioner', which is what we call family doctors here in Scotland"

No good, it's not in Navajo.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post

Edit: I see there's a similar one on the UK .gov parliament site too:

Ministry of Truth, Communication, The Plebs

Languages - English - What do you think you are looking at?

The British Parliament is committed and working hard to provide services and recompense to all members of the Parliamentary body, committees, advisers, agency heads, Senior Civil Servants and senior party officials, regardless of gender, colour, language, religion, ethics, morality, location or existence. It is determined to maintain an appropriately high level of accessibility to data about all people who are resident in Britain to overseas allies, agents or suppliers and encouraging their participation in its dissemination.

Information about you and what we can do to make you engage with the Treasury can be found in buses, trains, out-trays and taxis on a variety of media including CD, USB stick and even securely marked folders of paper, and these can be provided by any member of the British Government, her agencies, suppliers or in bulk by overseas sub-contracted data processing staff for a small consideration on eBay.

The British Parliament website contains information in a range of languages to assist you to pay your tax both for British residents and ex-pats, but not visitors as we're not too bothered about them, and these rules are tightened on a regular basis.

For further information, please contact the Ministry of Truth Openness Honesty and Expenses Shredding's Public Information Service.
        Last edited by RichardCranium; 5 December 2009, 10:33.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          wtf? There's a section there for BSL. I thought deaf people usually can read...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            wtf? There's a section there for BSL. I thought deaf people usually can read...
            That'll be for blind deaf people.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Whit abit those 'at cannae reid?
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I noticed that they do not have hebrew as one of the languages.

Comment

Nor Bork, Elmer Fudd or Pirate
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Here in Vienna they have a solution - all documents need to be in German to be legal. If you don't speak German, find someone who does. Everything from Gov is in German, no other options (though most people under 30 speak better English than I do).

PZZ

Comment

Working...
                    X