• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Better Interest Rates On Business Accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better Interest Rates On Business Accounts

So my plan is to open a TD Waterhouse business trading account and buy fixed income ETFs with the money I have on account.

Abbey is paying 0% and I can buy government backed gilts (which have low volatility) whilst getting about 3% yield.

I can also invest in a corporate bond which pays 5%

Has anyone thought of doing this ??

Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      ??? Mad

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Originally posted by joey122 View Post
        ??? Mad

It's the way you tell 'em!
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

So my plan is to open a TD Waterhouse business trading account and buy fixed income ETFs with the money I have on account.

Abbey is paying 0% and I can buy government backed gilts (which have low volatility) whilst getting about 3% yield.

I can also invest in a corporate bond which pays 5%

Has anyone thought of doing this ??
          Why would anyone want to take any of these options when you can get 12% tax free (actually 11% after costs) with the Abbey offshore account??
          Risk free, online etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
            Why would anyone want to take any of these options when you can get 12% tax free (actually 11% after costs) with the Abbey offshore account??
            Risk free, online etc.
            Link to that??

Comment

Risk free, online etc.
              Link to that??
              Do we have to do ALL your homework for you??

http://www.abbeyinternational.com/do...rest_Rates.pdf

Comment

Risk free, online etc.
                Because you have to pay into a Gold Account and can then transfer 20% of that transfer into the offshore account, up to a maximum of £2500 a month.

And strictly speaking they are only available to individuals, so you'd need to take the money out of the business before you can do that.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Because you have to pay into a Gold Account and can then transfer 20% of that transfer into the offshore account, up to a maximum of £2500 a month.

And strictly speaking they are only available to individuals, so you'd need to take the money out of the business before you can do that.
                  Oh, and you need £50k across your accounts with them.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Link to that??
                    http://www.abbeyinternational.com/MOS.asp Only £250 needed to open an account.

(You can open as many accounts as you like BTW, and can have company accounts- different application form, higher costs so not too sure why you would want to do this with what is essentially your money).

There are also many other options - For example Im currently getting 14.92 tax free after costs from BOA, but there restrictions.

PZZ
                    Last edited by pzz76077; 6 December 2009, 20:41.

Comment

Working...
                    X