• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Car Internet Dealer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Car Internet Dealer

Has anyone ever bought a new car via an internet dealer such as buyacar.co.uk or jamjar.co.uk ? I have been looking and can source the car I want for 15% cheaper than main dealer.

If so any experiences positive or negative would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Has anyone ever bought a new car via an internet dealer such as buyacar.co.uk or jamjar.co.uk ? I have been looking and can source the car I want for 15% cheaper than main dealer.

Thanks
    Ive bought 2 cars from ebay in the past couple of years. No problems with either transaction- one picked up from Poland, the other from Spain. Sold them both for what I paid for them after 6 months of use.

PZZ

Comment

Thanks
      Do you mean a dealer or a broker because you mention both above? Drive the Deal and Carfile (both brokers) have very good reps. I have bought off them in the past.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Drive the deal offer very good discounts. Havent used then but I know they have good rep. Steer well clear of jamjar. Negligible discounts.

TBH you could get a very good discount if you bargained hard for the right car. In other words, steer clear of small engined low VED cars.

If its your thing, you should get a good discount on Jag XF's, most Land Rovers and BMW 5 Series. The 5 series especially is being replaced by a new model so deals on pre reg cars should be very good.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Drive the deal offer very good discounts. Havent used then but I know they have good rep. Steer well clear of jamjar. Negligible discounts.

TBH you could get a very good discount if you bargained hard for the right car. In other words, steer clear of small engined low VED cars.

If its your thing, you should get a good discount on Jag XF's, most Land Rovers and BMW 5 Series. The 5 series especially is being replaced by a new model so deals on pre reg cars should be very good.

I have taken the decision to buy the new facelift Nissan Qashqai model, which is available from March this year.

Having shopped around across local dealers and the internet, I can source a new car from some of the internet suppliers at nearly £2k less than the main dealerships can offer. Because it is a new model the main dealers are not willing to lower their prices to match the internet deals, which I have found surprising.

I have a slight nigghle in my mind about buying via the internet - the car is uk not import, has standard warranty etc, so should be okay.

Comment

I have taken the decision to buy the new facelift Nissan Qashqai model, which is available from March this year.

Having shopped around across local dealers and the internet, I can source a new car from some of the internet suppliers at nearly £2k less than the main dealerships can offer. Because it is a new model the main dealers are not willing to lower their prices to match the internet deals, which I have found surprising.
            I have a slight nigghle in my mind about buying via the internet - the car is uk not import, has standard warranty etc, so should be okay.
            Wht have you found it suprising? The Brokers put several order in per month with each dealership group and hence get a fleet buy discount. Whereas you are negotiating on one car.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Thanks
              Friend of mine ordered a car from buyacar.co.uk, it was delayed by about 6 weeks but he saved himself £4k on the dealer price so was worth waiting for.

Comment

Working...
              X