• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

350 Vampires found dead in the NW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

350 Vampires found dead in the NW

I never want to see, smell, taste, or even talk about garlic ever again. I made a garlic leg of lamb yesterday and I must have screwed it up. I think I have OD'ed on garlic.
    Driving to work this a.m. , within a twenty mile radius, there were vampires dropping like flies, leaping out of coffins and surrendering to the nearest priest

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Was that the recipe I said I got off my brother: loads of cloves inserted into the joint?

Did they caramelise?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Did they explode in the Approved Buffy The Vampire Slayer dusty fashion or did they liquify in the rather more OTT "TrueBlood" way?
      No, they stayed pretty recognisable really. I obviously screwed up somehow,

It doesnt help that I used the last of the lamb for my work butts, and I am sitting here trying desperately not to burp.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Was that the recipe I said I got off my brother: loads of cloves inserted into the joint?

Did they caramelise?
        yep, it's all your brothers fault

I stuck three quarters of a bulb between the skin and the flesh. Roasted the joint for 100 mins,180, wrapped in foil.

Caremalise, my @rse. Stenchalised more like

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

Speak with French accent.

Then no one will notice.
          This is no laughing matter.
          35 years drinking ten pints a night, I never threw up once. Dodgy kebabs, p1ss drinking competitions, sh@gging fat Maria and the black hole of Calcutta, and muffing hairy Mary.
          I never chucked up.

But this morning..Jeez my hands are shaking

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            I stuck three quarters of a bulb between the skin and the flesh. Roasted the joint for 100 mins,180, wrapped in foil.
            Good job you didn't do a handful of bulbs, like he did.

No skin, slits made in flesh, clove inserted but still visible. I think that last bit might be important.

Mind you, I do like garlic. I had garlic soup once - it's like potato soup. I ponged for a week. Not just my breath, me. It was as if the pong was coming out of my pores.

Lovely.

Anyway, tell your colleagues yesterday was St Nicholas's Day and that it is traditional to eat garlic on his day to keep the, umm, let's see, keep the trolls away. Or you were celebrating Spain's Constitution Day.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

It does.

Look on the bright side, it's allegedly good for the heart.

Or something.
              my stomache churns.

I spent a few hours looking at boobies over the weekend, together with the garlic I reckon I have added ten years to my lifespan.

I think I enjoyed the boobies more than the garlic

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Once cooked a chicken with 75 cloves of garlic.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Once cooked a chicken with 75 cloves of garlic.
                  grolsh
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                  X