• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dubai & stupid Financial Speculation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dubai & stupid Financial Speculation

I love Ian Hislop's comments on RBS on last weeks have I got news for you.

9 minutes 40 seconds in...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._38_Episode_7/
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I love Ian Hislop's comments on RBS on last weeks have I got news for you.

9 minutes 40 seconds in...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._38_Episode_7/
    Q about RBS. I went past their offices (the former ABN Amro building) last night. That trading floor that you can see looked very sparse - what is going on there?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      Q about RBS. I went past their offices (the former ABN Amro building) last night. That trading floor that you can see looked very sparse - what is going on there?
      It was bed time. And it was the weekend too!
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Whilst we're on iPlayer can someone tell me what the music is at 37 minutes on Top Gear?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...sode_3/?from=r
        Last edited by gingerjedi; 7 December 2009, 13:58.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          It was bed time. And it was the weekend too!
          Yeah, that is true.

Do you think they take all the stuff off their desks and clear their offices out every night? The only things left were desks, screens and chairs.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Two possibilities:

1) The fckrs are having a bonfire party with the bailout money;

or

2) this.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Whilst we're on iPlayer can someone tell me what the music is at 37 minutes on Top Gear?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...sode_3/?from=r
              Don't worry I've found it on a thread devoted to my enquiry: http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear...-2009-a-40765/

U.N.K.L.E Trouble In Paradise
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                Yeah, that is true.

Do you think they take all the stuff off their desks and clear their offices out every night? The only things left were desks, screens and chairs.
                Clear desk policy?

At one place I worked they had midnight raids to see if you'd left anything not locked up.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

we have that where I am now,

they have people walking around during the day removing laptops and such if they are not locked down

happened to me last week, when I got back to my desk and found the laptop gone I put the info note on my boss's desk with a hand written scribble that as some fool has taken my pc I have left for the day

and desks have to be clean no papers nothing

idiots

I only stay there for the $£

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    I put the info note on my boss's desk
                    Permie tapechanger alert!

Comment

Working...
                    X