• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Parking - BBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Parking - BBC

Hello,

Has anyone here contracted at the BBC? Any tips on nearby parking/cost etc as I understand contractors are not allowed to park on site.

I have a possible opportunity there and have 2 choices if it comes off....

1. Drive up M3/A316 into Sheperds Bush etc (not a bad journey but parking might be a mare)
    2. Train into Waterloo/Northern Line/Central Line - Door to door 2.5 hours with waiting at stations.

Thanks

Originally posted by premiere View Post
    Hello,

Has anyone here contracted at the BBC? Any tips on nearby parking/cost etc as I understand contractors are not allowed to park on site.

1. Drive up M3/A316 into Sheperds Bush etc (not a bad journey but parking might be a mare)
    2. Train into Waterloo/Northern Line/Central Line - Door to door 2.5 hours with waiting at stations.

Thanks
    it's right on the congestion charge border so beware. I parked in Shinfield st for my interview at World Wide. no problem
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

many thanks

Comment

This any good?

http://www.parkatmyhouse.co.uk/

Comment

2.5 hrs each way ?

thats a bummer of a day, esp working for that shower.

I kipped at some Chinese birds in Perivale for £85 a week. Cheap and nasty but it keeps the travel time down

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by premiere View Post
            Hello,

Thanks
            From Waterloo station, you should take the Waterloo and City line to Bank and go to Shepherds Bush from there, or consider going to Euston (From Waterloo) and getting the mainline train to Shepherds Bush.

Might save you a few minutes.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
              From Waterloo station, you should take the Waterloo and City line to Bank and go to Shepherds Bush from there, or consider going to Euston (From Waterloo) and getting the mainline train to Shepherds Bush.

Might save you a few minutes.
              Always important to save a couple of minutes when commuting 5 hours a day.

Comment

Is it correct that the BBC IT ( inc .Net ) is moving Up Nth ?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                  Is it correct that the BBC IT ( inc .Net ) is moving Up Nth ?
                  They have been talking about moving large swathes up to Salford quays for yonks.
                  In which case I will have a spare room for rent for youse guys

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Always important to save a couple of minutes when commuting 5 hours a day.

It's all about managing stress and time. Travelling on the Misery line can add to the stress of getting to ones destination.
                    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
                    X