• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4.5weeks...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.5weeks...

ok, i took the break, 12 months ago..

ive been back 4.5 weeks, and landed a 6month contract.

fanxs rebecca loos for supporting me and havign faith.

phew, i feel i can breathe easy again now.

not a greeat rate, £200pd but still regular money for 6months.

Originally posted by el duder
    ok, i took the break, 12 months ago..

ive been back 4.5 weeks, and landed a 6month contract.

fanxs rebecca loos for supporting me and havign faith.

phew, i feel i can breathe easy again now.

not a greeat rate, £200pd but still regular money for 6months.
    It's safe to assume you aren't required to write anything in your new job.

Where did you learn English, from the wild men of Borneo?

Still, it's no worse than the average 18-year-old school leaver these days, according to those teaching university freshers.

Comment

That's a bit unkind, stackers. Here we have a bloke as happy as a pig in sh1t because he's got a contract at last, and then you accuse him of being unable to write properly.

He is simply using New Labour's "New English", a lite version of what the next generation of kids are learning today - "txt msg english".

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        That's a bit unkind, stackers. Here we have a bloke as happy as a pig in sh1t because he's got a contract at last, and then you accuse him of being unable to write properly.

He is simply using New Labour's "New English", a lite version of what the next generation of kids are learning today - "txt msg english".
        He is simply using New Labour's "New English", a "lite" version of which, the next generation of kids(are the young goats?) are learning today - "txt msg english".

It's only fair after all...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
          He is simply using New Labour's "New English", a "lite" version of which, the next generation of kids(are the young goats?) are learning today - "txt msg english".

It's only fair after all...
          No spod, I said "New English" is a lite version of "txt msg english", not the other way around. By this I imply that "txt msg english" is the full, incomprehendible-to-anyone-over-21 version. I think my daughter has just begun a GCSE in it.

Comment

Good stuff duder,

tl

Comment

Yeah, well done Duder,

I know how you feel as I've been taking a 'baby break'
              since August. Just got sorted for Jan (on loadsamoney).

Now I just can't wait to get the midwinter festival over
              and get back into the fray.

Just so much 'Balamory' I can take.....
              RS

Comment

Brilliant El Duder - hope you had a great time.
                isn't contracting life great?
                We can do what we like!
                Provided we are quite good at our jobs and have a certain level of (self-)marketing skills, we can take breaks, dip in and out of the job market as and when we wish....
                Beat that, permies!

Now I have been working non-stop for 2 years (with just the odd one month holiday now and then) and quite fancy another big break... the last one is hidden behind a kinda fuzzy "web design kinda stuff" period on my CV, what will I hide this one behind?
                Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                  Brilliant El Duder - hope you had a great time.
                  isn't contracting life great?
                  We can do what we like!
                  Provided we are quite good at our jobs and have a certain level of (self-)marketing skills, we can take breaks, dip in and out of the job market as and when we wish....
                  Beat that, permies!

Now I have been working non-stop for 2 years (with just the odd one month holiday now and then) and quite fancy another big break... the last one is hidden behind a kinda fuzzy "web design kinda stuff" period on my CV, what will I hide this one behind?

How about you attended a Satinduist (c) boot camp for six months ?

Now that will look good on your CV.

Trust me on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                    ... what will I hide this one behind?
                    How about training to be a Search Engine Marketer? I hear that there's a shortage in the UK....
                    Plan A is located just about here.
                    If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Working...
                    X