• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2009

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2009

Takes place on Sunday.

Who do you think will win? Personally, I think it will be Button.

The shortlist (in alphabetical order) is:

Jenson Button
    Mark Cavendish
    Tom Daley
    Jessica Ennis
    Ryan Giggs
    David Haye
    Phillips Idowu
    Andy Murray
    Andrew Strauss
    Beth Tweddle

These 10 sporting celebrities (2009 highlights below) will now compete for the public vote on the night of the live show.

Ryan Giggs
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Button, Giggs, Strauss
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Giggs, Button, Haye

Comment

Sports Personality? Sorry, I just don't get it. If they're good at their sport, they're good. End of. We don't vote for the best snooker playing comedian, or the top ventriloquist who's also good at maths, do we? Waste of money. etc etc
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Giggs - shoe in. The BBC have been setting him up all year for it.

Strauss will be part of the 'Team of the Year' for the Ashes.

Button will be second. Murray third.

The rest are likely to suffer from the "Who?" factor.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I think Button will win. However, I reckon Giggs should (and no, I'm not a ManUre fan.
              Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                Sports Personality? Sorry, I just don't get it. If they're good at their sport, they're good. End of. We don't vote for the best snooker playing comedian, or the top ventriloquist who's also good at maths, do we? Waste of money. etc etc
                The title of "Sports Personality" was somewhat devalued when Nigel Mansell won it.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
                  I think Button will win. However, I reckon Giggs should (and no, I'm not a ManUre fan.
                  I think Strauss should win. How they won the Ashes with all that saffa rabble in the team I'll never know.

Comment

Why should Button win, Lewis didnt win it last year.

Comment

Working...
                    X