• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holland Contract - How Much?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holland Contract - How Much?

I've not had to work abroad so I have no real idea what the minimum is that I should ask for. So how much would those that have done it demand if working in Holland and wanted to get back home every second weekend?

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
    I've not had to work abroad so I have no real idea what the minimum is that I should ask for. So how much would those that have done it demand if working in Holland and wanted to get back home every second weekend?
    If you're not on an expenses deal, you'll need to factor in 1500 EUR/month for decent accommodation in Amsterdam, and £200 for each return flight depending on carrier.

The weekly commute back to UK is easy, especially if you live near an airport at the other end.

Comment

If you're not near amsterdam then consider Rotterdam as an alternative airport
      VLM fly from there to a couple of UK airports

Smaller airport + smaller plane = a much nicer journey

EDIT: VLM are now City Jet
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

plus you get to avoid heathrow - priceless in anybody's book surely?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
          If you're not on an expenses deal, you'll need to factor in 1500 EUR/month for decent accommodation in Amsterdam, and £200 for each return flight depending on carrier.

The weekly commute back to UK is easy, especially if you live near an airport at the other end.
          If you live in the South East, it is easy to catch a ferry and drive. I found it a pain to fly especially with delays etc. Flying times are not door to door times. Ferries run 24/7. I could leave Blighty at 10pm Sunday night, and arrive in bed Holland at 4-5am to be at work a 9am. (avoid driving after 6am as the roads are very busy.)
          Friday leave work at 3:30pm and be at the local pub in Blighty 9:30pm. The roads are very clear at that time. The advantage of using the car is you can take as much luggage as you wish, if you are running late; you can make up time and if you are tired you can have a snooze.

I found communication between the South East UK to Holland to be much easier than the SE to the North of the UK.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I'm 20 minutes away from Gatwick hence that is my preferred choice. I've already noted the price of flights through there.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
              €1000 per day all in.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                €1000 per day all in.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                  €1000 per day all in.
                  Good luck!

Most of the Euroland jobs you'll be pushing it to get the equivilent of £500
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Good luck!

Most of the Euroland jobs you'll be pushing it to get the equivilent of £500
                    WSS; 500 to 650 euros a day and you're doing well right now
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X