• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sister-in-law

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sister-in-law

Hi

My sister-in-law is currently of no fixed abode, as she moved out of her rented house and is looking to go travelling around the world very soon.

So now she just seems to flit from house to house - lived with her mum for a while and has now moved into her friends parents house.

Thing is she's using my house for all her post. So her wage slips are coming here and this morning got a couple of letters from the Inland Revenue for her (just tax code stuff apparently).

Is that going to be causing me issues somewhere does anyone know ?
    Just thinking along the lines of another adult registered at my property - that kind of thing.

Rhubarb

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post

Is that going to be causing me issues somewhere does anyone know ?
    Just thinking along the lines of another adult registered at my property - that kind of thing.

Rhubarb
    She's going to become a "connected person" in your credit report.

Also, you might get some questions if you currently live on your own and claim the Council Tax discount.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      She's going to become a "connected person" in your credit report.
      That's exactly the kind of thing I was worried about!
      How does that information get passed onto the credit companies ?

Comment

That's exactly the kind of thing I was worried about!
        How does that information get passed onto the credit companies ?
        The bank/credit card co will tell them "we're sending statements for Person A to here now"

Experian go, "oh, we've got Person B living there still, they must be connected".
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Thanks for that. I've just run a check on Experian and all seems well at the moment.

I've told her to change her address so hopefully I won't be seeing any negative impact.

Cheers
          Rhubarb

Comment

I don't believe that is true. I am sure you are 'connected' to someone if you apply for/have credit with them, not if you have the same mailing address...
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              The bank/credit card co will tell them "we're sending statements for Person A to here now"

Experian go, "oh, we've got Person B living there still, they must be connected".
              Not true - you have to be financially linked. So you would have to have her name on bills, a joint account or a loan for example.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

What happened to the "Is she fit?" post that was here a minute ago?

I think it's a bit of a myth that you're negatively affected by other people at the same address. Surely "connected person" means joint mortgages and the like.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  What happened to the "Is she fit?" post that was here a minute ago?
                  I wondered that too.
                  Incidentally, yes she is. Very. But that's not enough to allow her to bugger up my credit rating.

Comment

I wondered that too.
                    Incidentally, yes she is. Very. But that's not enough to allow her to bugger up my credit rating.
                    Well unless she uses her feminine wiles to persuade you to apply for a joint credit card with her, you're safe. My little sister lives with me now, and she does not appear on my credit rating. Neither do the various people I lived with in house shares over the years.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X