• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WMD evidence 'came from taxi driver'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8401473.stm

"In the end it turned out that the information was not credible, it had originated from an emigre taxi driver on the Iraqi-Jordanian border, who had remembered an overheard conversation in the back of his cab a full two years earlier."
    If it wasn't for the film "The Tailor of Panama" I'd say you couldn't make this up!
    Coffee's for closers

A lot of intel comes from low level service people like this - it is much easier to recruit janitor who is paid bugger all to pick up and pass secrets, then top general who writes them.

What's retarded in this case is basing serious operation on the basis of handful such reports.

Comment

WTF !!!!

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Obligatory Our Man in Havana link: "Wormold's vacuum cleaner/missile base"

Comment

Thats nothing. I used to work with a weirdo and one night I got really annoyed when he wouldnt get his round in. So I told the cab driver this bloke was hacking into the Pentagon. McKenna,McKannon mcKinnon or something.
          I wonder what became of him

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Thats nothing. I used to work with a weirdo and one night I got really annoyed when he wouldnt get his round in. So I told the cab driver this bloke was hacking into the Pentagon. McKenna,McKannon mcKinnon or something.
            I wonder what became of him

Now, if they were talking about Paul McKenna facing 60 years in jail, I'd be pushing him onto the plane myself.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Can just imagine it...

Taxi driver... "I had that Saddam Hussein in the back of me cab the other night, miserable bleeder, taking about his WMD's, QVC's, GCSE's..."

Comment

Honest, guv, 'e's got anfrax, mustard gas, nucular and all the rest guv
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Honest, guv, 'e's got anfrax, mustard gas, nucular and all the rest guv
                  Yeh, that’s why I had to take the long route in order to avoid 'em guv.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

That's funny because the idea of assassinating Ronald Regan also came from Taxi Driver
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X