• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Tip Film4 Tonight: Office Space

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Tip Film4 Tonight: Office Space

If you have freeview, my top tip for IT contractors is to watch this tonight,

Film 4 starts at 9pm.

Office Space (1999)

A jaded computer programmer goes to bizarre lengths to get fired from his dull job - but his new laid-back attitude leads to unexpected promotions as his arrogance is taken for supreme self-confidence by unwitting bosses.

Satirical comedy, starring Ron Livingston, Jennifer Aniston, Ajay Naidu and Gary Cole

Category Comedy

SASGuru has based his entire life on the premise of that movie...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Did you get the memo?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by bandit_legs View Post
        If you have freeview
        I don't have Freeview. Am I still allowed to watch it?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          I don't have Freeview. Am I still allowed to watch it?
          Yes, if you have Sky, Virgin Media, freesat or any other means of watching Film4.

HTH
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Set the Sky+. It's followed by the brilliant, but less IT relevant "Pan's Labrynth".
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

mmmm and if you flick onto channel 97 after that you should get Horny Housewives from Hull or similar.

Probably

Comment

Watching this - thanks for tip - it's 'kin excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by bandit_legs View Post
                  If you have freeview, my top tip for IT contractors is to watch this tonight,

Film 4 starts at 9pm.

Office Space (1999)

A jaded computer programmer goes to bizarre lengths to get fired from his dull job - but his new laid-back attitude leads to unexpected promotions as his arrogance is taken for supreme self-confidence by unwitting bosses.

Satirical comedy, starring Ron Livingston, Jennifer Aniston, Ajay Naidu and Gary Cole

Category Comedy
                  I love this film, it is the very rules by which I now live my life as a new BA type person. Laid back is better for you, and implies wisdom. As long as they don't dig too deep, I'll be fine.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Pretty good so far.

Good call OP (el_duder or whatever).

Comment

Working...
                    X