• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free money for Labour voters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free money for Labour voters

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/8402054.stm

The government has announced a £60m aid package to help Teesside recover from the loss of 1,700 jobs at the Corus steelworks plant in Redcar.

Business Secretary Lord Mandelson said it would offer "direct and immediate" help to the workers who face losing their jobs at Teesside Cast Products.

Am I being cynical?

Teeside is a tulip hole and does actually need the money

Not that it'll do much to help, they'll probably just end up with a new shopping center
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Am I being cynical?
      Nope, and there will be more payout to come!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
        Nope, and there will be more payout to come!
        Isn't this about social cohesion.

I think that it is important to recognise that Teeside was part of the Industrial Powerhouse that made this country into an empire.

We should be helping them to adapt to a new world where industry is not a western European pre-occupation
        Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
          Isn't this about social cohesion.

I think that it is important to recognise that Teeside was part of the Industrial Powerhouse that made this country into an empire.

We should be helping them to adapt to a new world where industry is not a western European pre-occupation
          They have to go into the local Labour office personally, and collect their free money, given the day before the general election no doubt.

Comment

They have to go into the local Labour office personally, and collect their free money, given the day before the general election no doubt.

Stop that you are just being silly.
            Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
              Stop that you are just being silly.
              Sorry. Too much coffee. I blame Maxwell House.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/8402054.stm

The government has announced a £60m aid package to help Teesside recover from the loss of 1,700 jobs at the Corus steelworks plant in Redcar.

Business Secretary Lord Mandelson said it would offer "direct and immediate" help to the workers who face losing their jobs at Teesside Cast Products.

Am I being cynical?
                They have previous form.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Am I being cynical?
                  Not really. To be cynical would be to set the £60m against the trillion-and-a-bit that the banks have got (figure from here) and realise it's about 1/20,000 as much so what the hell?

Comment

No. You're being a simpleton.

Comment

Working...
                    X