• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nuisance calls to mobile from 08453007027

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuisance calls to mobile from 08453007027

I am getting 6 to 7 nuisance calls a day and text messages from a company claiming to be Barclaycard. Such a Nuisance to one's life.

I know they are SCAMMERS looking to get me to release some personal information about me, as well as trying to get me to phone a premimum rate number from their txt message.

Txt message as follows:

"Your Barclaycard account is overdue. You are unable to use your card until you make a payment. Call Barclaycard now on 08442412951."

I have spoken to Barclaycard about this and they are not willing to investigate this issue or help out.

I've check OFCOM website to find a solution about this nuisance call. No real help, just to phone 999 or mobile telephone operator vodafone.

I know for certain that the police will not do anything about this issue as no real crime has been committed.

Can't block this call from my mobile phone or assign it to a slient tone. My phone is too old.

Can anyone find out who these jokers (SCAMMERS) are?

My leads from google searching is not leading to any results.

All I know about this company are:

- two telephone numbers are (08453007027) & (08442412951).
    - they have call centre run by rude idiots thinking they work from law abiding company.
    - They claim to be part of Barclaycard.
    - They've picked Barclaycard as a persona because Barclaycard have the biggest share of the UK credit card market.
    - Some post from a google search are not truthful... I know they are corrupting these 'who is phoning me' message boards, with fakes messages stating the above telephone numbers are valid.

My Remedies:

1. DO no not phone them. If they call, waste their time and money, keep them hanging on. Waste their phone bill.
    2. Tell staff that they are working for a bogus company and they will not get paid. They will go bankrupt.
    3. Block their calls with whatever new technology that is out there.
    4. Lie.. Give them fake details.

Guys! If you have any hints, tips or remedies, then please let me know.

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08442412951
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by laura-ann - 25 Nov 2009
      i received the same text, even though i do not have a Barclaycard, yet my card seems to have strangely stopped working.
      This would be the card she does not have? That would explain it then.

Comment

Frak. That's the end of another plan B.

I'll have to think of another one in the morning.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by YASUKA View Post
          I've check OFCOM website to find a solution about this nuisance call. No real help, just to phone 999 or mobile telephone operator vodafone.
          TPS.

I'm surprised you didn't find that from OFCOM, unless you're one of those people who gets confused when a Google search leaves them still having to do a little work themselves... like reading, and following links

EDIT: ah, only two posts - sorry for the snarky tone, and welcome to CUK. But still...
          Last edited by NickFitz; 9 December 2009, 00:39.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            TPS.

I'm surprised you didn't find that from OFCOM, unless you're one of those people who gets confused when a Google search leaves them still having to do a little work themselves... like reading, and following links

EDIT: ah, only two posts - sorry for the snarky tone, and welcome to CUK. But still...
            If it's a scammer trying to get your credit card details, I'm not convinced that telling them you are on TPS so please stop calling is going to be too much help, though
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              TPS.

TPS no good for this sort of thing - it's not a sales or marketing call. Don't think they cover companies abroad either. It's meant to stop your double glazing salesmen - that's why so many companies now call under the pretence of doing a survey.

Comment

08453007027 seems to be a genuine number for Barclaycard. A number of banks have farmed out their payment collections and debt department to third party companies. This seems to be one of them. The collection staff are paid on commission and they don’t seem to be trained in the basic legalities.

Even banks don’t comply with the law over debt collection so don’t expect a bunch of Muppets to behave any better. Because of the credit crunch banks and other finance companies are considering any minor irregularity even like a one-day late payment as a debt collection case.

If the collection agency is calling three or more times a day; this can be interpreted criminal harassment. If this bothers you write to them and “forbid them to call you by telephone”
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by YASUKA View Post
                  Guys! If you have any hints, tips or remedies, then please let me know.
                  Give them all your credit card details. They wont bother you after that

HTH.

Comment

Yes... The number is Barclaycard and have found the call centre staff very rude to me.

So-how someone has open new a account in my name or some IT bug caused them to open a account I closed with them 12yrs ago...

What utter 'muppets' and time wasters...

Comment

Working...
                    X