• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DimPrawn Tamiflu update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DimPrawn Tamiflu update

Two grandkids, 4 and 2, got flu like symptoms over a week ago, neither had had the jab.
    The missus picked up tamiflu for the older one, mum decided not to get it for the younger. The older one has been a bit rough but has had one day down, one day bouncing. The youngster has just been rough all week, a snotting and a sneezing.
    Their conclusion is that it seems to work

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I've had a bout of flu and so has my lad, but it wasn't that bad (temps around 39 deg c) and so didn't bother with the anti-viral, just let our bodies fight it off.

Whether it was donkey flu or similar, I've no idea. Just seemed like basic flu. Not nice but not anything especially bad.

Comment

you appear to be ignoring the street cred and bragging rights completely
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I've had a bout of flu and so has my lad, but it wasn't that bad (temps around 39 deg c) and so didn't bother with the anti-viral, just let our bodies fight it off.

Whether it was donkey flu or similar, I've no idea. Just seemed like basic flu. Not nice but not anything especially bad.
        yup same here - I'm down with it now as is my first daughter, her sister had it last week and her brother looks like he's caught it too. All had some temperature mostly at night but the whole thing does not seem different from normal flu.
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
          yup same here - I'm down with it now as is my first daughter, her sister had it last week and her brother looks like he's caught it too. All had some temperature mostly at night but the whole thing does not seem different from normal flu.
          It doesn't seem that bad. I bet Cybertory is positively flaccid at the lack of dead Brazilians
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Was unfortunate to catch Swine flu and ebola at the same time. Thought about Tamiflu as an option but thought that the positive effects of the Tamiflu would be outweighed by the ebola virus liquifying my liver so didn't bother.

Turns out a hot toddy and early night sorted things out. Immune systems are wonderful.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Turns out a hot toddy and early night sorted things out. Immune systems are wonderful.
              Until the cytokine storm kicks in.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                Until the cytokine storm kicks in.
                actually had that over breakfast the following morning. Tried to not disturb the family while they read their Beano comics / FTs. Again did not make a fuss.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

My daughter who is 22 had severe flu which was probably of the swine variety and the Tamiflu certainly helped. It still took her a week to get over it though.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

WE all had it in June, I'm hoping we may now be spared over winter.
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X