• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That was close

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was close

just writing an email to another Team about a problem with their .Net applications, and accidentally pasted EO's quotation into the email:

''Thank God I am a contractor. That is not self congratulation, that is me holding my hand up to heaven and thanking my lucky stars.''

would have been funny trying to explain that.

Milan.

I accidentally included one of Dimprawn's smelly bum threads in an automated test script I was making for an interview presentation. Happily the script failed due to a time out (slow connection) and I got the gig.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I accidentally included one of Dimprawn's smelly bum threads in an automated test script I was making for an interview presentation. Happily the script failed due to a time out (slow connection) and I got the gig.

Fame at last.

Comment

excellent Mich

how's the contract hunting going ?

Milan.

Comment

I was once having two IM conversations:

1 with my boss at the time (a real eejit)
          1 with a mate.

The boss was being a tuliphead. So I told my mate that he was. Except it wasn't my mate

D'oh
          Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            excellent Mich

how's the contract hunting going ?

Milan.
            I've started the gig; am earning some dosh again. Mrs Tester is visiting the shoe shop on friday
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

lol

what did he say ?

a colleague was doing something similar once, he was talking with a colleague about another colleague's marital problems and also talking with the colleague who was having the marital problems, and he typed in the wrong window and the colleague with the marital problems typed back is that my good lady you are referring to, and then... it all kicked off

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                lol

what did he say ?

a colleague was doing something similar once, he was talking with a colleague about another colleague's marital problems and also talking with the colleague who was having the marital problems, and he typed in the wrong window and the colleague with the marital problems typed back is that my good lady you are referring to, and then... it all kicked off

Milan.
                My boss told me to cram it, then it all died down, with some grovelling from me. I didn't get a third extension
                Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

I once text the message

"tulip I just seen X, think he was a bit confused seeing me there"

to person X who happened to be one of the company directors I was a permie at
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    I've started the gig; am earning some dosh again. Mrs Tester is visiting the shoe shop on friday
                    and you'll be visiting the wine shop?
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X