• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Warning to all dirty spekulants (sp)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning to all dirty spekulants (sp)

Spread betting is a leveraged product, your losses may FAR exceed any profits made.

You have been warned!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Spread betting is a leveraged product, your losses may FAR exceed any profits made.

You have been warned!

Bit bloody late now!!!! (-£280 at the mo! ) - Please bounce!
    l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

You have been warned!

Does this mean that you're losing money on oil ?

Comment

Spread betting is a leveraged product, your losses WILL FAR exceed any profits made.
        FTFY, but only if you don't know what you are doing, and don't pay attention to the upcoming news diary.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          FTFY, but only if you don't know what you are doing, and don't pay attention to the upcoming news diary.
          I did know about the diary. Yesterday I was £100 up and ready to close when a series of long phone calls took my eye off the ball, loss has been growing steadily. I knew the news was coming today, but there wasn't much I could do. Hoped for a bit of a rally which never came.

Comment

I did know about the diary. Yesterday I was £100 up and ready to close when a series of long phone calls took my eye off the ball, loss has been growing steadily. I knew the news was coming today, but there wasn't much I could do. Hoped for a bit of a rally which never came.
            Lesson learned then.

Hoping for a rally is a fools errand - everybody would be waiting for the news, demand drops, therefore prices drop.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Lesson learned then.

Hoping for a rally is a fools errand - everybody would be waiting for the news, demand drops, therefore prices drop.
              I did more than bloody drop!

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
                I did more than bloody drop!
                That was related to the news though, not the effect of the people waiting for the news....

Comment

...Hoped for a bit of a rally which never came.
                  Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
                  Bit bloody late now!!!! (-£280 at the mo! ) - Please bounce!
                  No icon for big mistake, so this will have to do

You are making the usual beginner mistakes:

Changing targets, changing stoplosses and increasing your risk, altering your tradeplan, not having a tradeplan, overleveraging, letting emotion get in the way, the list goes on...
                  Last edited by SantaClaus; 9 December 2009, 17:55.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    Looks like you are all doing really well at spreadbetting.

Most of you are making the usual beginner mistakes:

Changing targets - Yes, changing stoplosses Yes and increasing your risk Yes, altering your tradeplan Yes, not having a tradeplan Yes, overleveraging Yes, letting emotion get in the way Yes, the list goes on...

Comment

Working...
                    X