• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents and LinkedIn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents and LinkedIn

I use linkedin, not had anything concrete out of it as of yet, but find it useful for keeping in touch. I use my own personal email address and not the one I dish out to agents. Today in my agents email I got a pimp requesting me add them to my network - not done via the proper add connection route but via the pimp emailing out the link to www.linkedin.com Have many other had their email spammed by XXXXXX today?
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 February 2011, 09:09.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

I dont have a problem with adding them, providing they reciprocate and send me the contact details for all the comapnies they do business with.

Comment

I don't add any agents to my linkedIn page as a matter of policy just because I'm connecting directly leaders in my industry... and I don't what them lifting every contact off my page.

I don't need a 3rd person holding our hands.

Like you I've still not had anything solid out of linkedIn.

I'm thinking the unthinkable now and dishing out a few wods to attend a conference... networking always works.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I don't add any agents to my linkedIn page as a matter of policy just because I'm connecting directly leaders in my industry... and I don't what them lifting every contact off my page.
        WHS++
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I've made some good contacts out of LinkedIn, I do link to pimps (one's that I do use and are of use) but have blocked my contacts so that they can't pilfer from them
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Yes, this morning. I ignored it.
            Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 February 2011, 09:10.

Comment

Ignore if you don't want it, and make your contact list private.

Apart from that I've had quite a few job offers through it, so find it useful.

Comment

how do you make your contact list private ?

I've found out now
                Last edited by FiveTimes; 10 December 2009, 14:35.

Comment

"Account & Settings" ...

>Privacy Settings
                  >Connections Browse
                  Your connections are not allowed to view your connections list.

Comment

I also received one.
                    Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 February 2011, 09:11.

Comment

Working...
                    X