• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the worst thing you've ever done to someone else's pc?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the worst thing you've ever done to someone else's pc?

I am just having my lunchtime sarnie while sitting at someone else's desk and dropped a great dollop of tuna mayo into the keyboard. He wont be back till next week so hopefully the stickiness will have worked itself off by then.

It brought back a memory from 10 years ago when I sat at someone's desk who had the base unit on the floor and I used it as a foot rest. Anyway, after coming back to the desk one day I noticed what I thought was a load of chocolate on the case/bottom of my shoe and started to scrape it off on the pc only to find it was dog-tulip! I quickly logged off and moved to another desk. Yeah, I know what you are thinking but he was a git and deserved it.

So what is the worst thing you've done to someone else's pc?

Installed Windows Vista on it.

I know, I'm a ****.

Comment

A chap called Mr Glitter asked me to repair his PC so I put some pictures on it and demanded 1 million pounds to remove them. He didn't pay.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working at a secure site, remotely changed the colours on the blue screen of death for another group.

It was only meant as a laugh, but it truly freaked them out.

(I still chuckled evilly in a corner though)
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Not someone else's but some nice colleagues of mine in a previous gig kindly emptied a packet of ground up crisps onto my keyboard.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

A few years back I did tech support at a company were one of the senior managers insisted on using a Mac when everyone else had a PC. After getting a series of calls from him about his non standard bit of kit not working properly on the local network ( remember Token Ring? Remember Appletalk? ). I told him I had found a solution and asked if he had time for me to come up and make a few changes to his beloved Mac.

As well as sorting his network issues ( we had obtained the requisite bit of kit to do it ) I also installed a new screen saver for him. One that replicated the windows NT installation process. Including the deletion of partitions and formatting of the hard drive.

When he came back I told him I had upgraded his Mac to the company standard build and "turned it on".

He almost cried
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              Working at a secure site, remotely changed the colours on the blue screen of death for another group.

It was only meant as a laugh, but it truly freaked them out.

(I still chuckled evilly in a corner though)
              Yeah, of course you did.

I remotely changed all the logins to the Pentagon's internal national security website. How we laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Yeah, of course you did.

I remotely changed all the logins to the Pentagon's internal national security website. How we laughed.

Come on Dim, you must have done something. Join in the fun rather than make snide comments

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Yeah, of course you did.

And did you take all the W's off the keybaords in the whitehouse too?
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Hid the taskbar, hid all desktop icons and applied BSOD wallpaper, did this to @12 users (typing pool)....there were tears (not mine)
                    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Working...
                    X