• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Atw - is this better?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atw - is this better?

Bloomberg: Goldman Sachs’s Top 30 Managers to Get Bonuses in Stock Only

Dec. 10 (Bloomberg) -- Goldman Sachs Group Inc., the most profitable securities firm in Wall Street history, said the firm’s top 30 executives will receive their entire year-end bonus in stock that will be locked up for five years.

The award will be comprised of so-called shares-at-risk, allowing the firm to take them back if it determines that the executive failed to adequately analyze or raise concern about risks, the New York-based company said in a statement today. The firm also will give shareholders a non-binding vote on compensation.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Dec. 10 (Bloomberg) -- Goldman Sachs Group Inc., the most profitable securities firm in Wall Street history, said the firm’s top 30 executives will receive their entire year-end bonus in stock that will be locked up for five years.

The award will be comprised of so-called shares-at-risk, allowing the firm to take them back if it determines that the executive failed to adequately analyze or raise concern about risks, the New York-based company said in a statement today. The firm also will give shareholders a non-binding vote on compensation.

it being a team composed of the firm’s top 30 executives

sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes qui nunc lasciuae furta puellae hac mercede silent? crimen commune tacetur.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      For a moment I read it as: "Goldman Sacks Top 30 managers"

Shares for 5 years is good enough so long as they can't get any cash loans using shares as collateral: their only profit should be dividends until they can sell them.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        For a moment I read it as: "Goldman Sacks Top 30 managers"

Shares for 5 years is good enough so long as they can't get any cash loans using shares as collateral: their only profit should be dividends until they can sell them.
        ooohhhhh, AtW is on the ball there. Yes, that is a good call.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
        X