• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women & sympathy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women & sympathy

I've been climbing the walls with toothache since yesterday. I had an emergency appointment this afternoon. The dentist prescribed some antibiotics.

Meanwhile, Mrs RC is out on the razzle with her professional colleagues. Pizza lunch and wine afternoon (and evening, probably).

So I text her:

"Been to dentist. Got antibiotics."

Just got a response:

"Am veqy pssed. Can I hav yuor alchohol alowaance?"

<--- that's me feeling sorry for myself.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I've been climbing the walls with toothache since yesterday. I had an emergency appointment this afternoon. The dentist prescribed some antibiotics.

Meanwhile, Mrs RC is out on the razzle with her professional colleagues. Pizza lunch and wine afternoon (and evening, probably).

So I text her:

Just got a response:

Top Girl!

Hils din kone!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

So I text her:

Just got a response:

Deny her the alcohol allowance. Also you were banging on about dropping your bottle of clove oil weeks ago. I reckon you've been making a fuss for weeks about this tooth. Practically drove her to it.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Also you were banging on about dropping your bottle of clove oil weeks ago. I reckon you've been making a fuss for weeks about this tooth. Practically drove her to it.
        The tooth that needed the clove oil was sorted. This is on the other side of my gob.

May your toothpaste and your Preparation H get mixed up. That'll sort you out.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

The tooth that needed the clove oil was sorted. This is on the other side of my gob.

May your toothpaste and your Preparation H get mixed up. That'll sort you out.
          Anusol HC Plus Ointment (not cream)

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Anusol HC Plus Ointment (not cream)

HTH

I'm not saying a word.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post

I'm not saying a word.
              Sig

HTH

Comment

Just got a response:

for the toothache and resultant self-sorryness

However, if (as is probably the case) the antibiotic is Metronidazole then you're off the pop for a while. You know you love her, so let her have your share - no need to be a dog in the manger (no matter how much being prescribed that stuff makes one feel like being that)

Just remember, you have to treat Metronidazole as if it was Antabuse as well as an antibiotic. Do not drink any alcohol and do complete the prescribed course.

Some will claim that you have to wait at least forty-eight hours after the final dose before you can drink alcohol again. YMMV (Your Metabolism May Vary) but I've always been OK with drinking alcohol around twenty-four hours after the final dose.

Another and a for you

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post

I'm not saying a word.
                  Is that because your toothpaste and your Anusol got mixed up?

Comment

Anusol

You all seem to know about anusol a prep H so is it safe to say that the little fellows in the nether regions are an occupational hazard of sitting all day.
                    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Working...
                    X