• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geeks?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geeks?!

out of everyone on this board..

who would consider themselves a typical IT geek?

who wears glasses?
    who has online 'girlfriends'?
    who has cybersex at least 3 times a week?

just interested if all the contractors live upto the geekish reputation that we all seem to have regardless of our situations..

me personally, i dont even like IT. im not a techie, i dont know any programming languages but have survived in this industry for 5yrs now, with takling a 12month break inbetween and coming back into it.

what does this say about the IT market?

anyone can do it? as long as you have what loos said, some (self) marketing skills and the ability to 'walk the talk' ..?

Originally posted by el duder
    IT geek
    Is that like an IT Girl - TPT etc...
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

IT Geeks....

Interesting...

All the contractors I haven every known - Upwards of 100 - I only consider 2 of them to be geeks.

The rest were people with good skills and big brass balls

I've met even more premies that fit your selected term - Most of them with good skills and no balls. Happy to stay in their 9 - 5 - earning 20-30k believing they have a job for life.

Bottom line, most contractors are not geeks – Just people who have a skill that is in demand and know how to sell themselves.

I don’t even think AtW is a geek, Just a bloke on a mission.
      Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

out of everyone on this board..

who would consider themselves a typical IT geek?

who wears glasses?

just interested if all the contractors live upto the geekish reputation that we all seem to have regardless of our situations..

me personally, i dont even like IT. im not a techie, i dont know any programming languages but have survived in this industry for 5yrs now, with takling a 12month break inbetween and coming back into it.

what does this say about the IT market?

anyone can do it? as long as you have what loos said, some (self) marketing skills and the ability to 'walk the talk' ..?
        At least 1 or 2 have bought a gf over the net
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

who wears glasses?
          Does it have to be all of these or just one?

Comment

Working...
          X