• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office party last night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office party last night

I'm not feeling too well today. Go easy.
    Cats are evil.

Boo !

Comment

dont make me laugh Platypus, please
      I am clenching here
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Boo !

Owch!

No really I'm feeling bad. I'm going to have a long walk at lunchtime to get some fresh air. Anyone else have any top hangover tips?
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
          Owch!

No really I'm feeling bad. I'm going to have a long walk at lunchtime to get some fresh air. Anyone else have any top hangover tips?
          Eggs benedict and a glass of champagne.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            Owch!

The only thing that helps me is a pint round about midday. Then a day off the ale
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The 'team' I work with failed to tell us contractors about the Christmas do, even though we were eligable to go. So we only found out that there was a Christmas thing on yesterday, the event is on this Saturday where I could have got my wife to come over for a weeked break out here! Miserable gits - and we get labelled as being not very teamy. Not sure how I'm supposed to be teamy if they don't tell us when 'team' events are happening.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

our 'team' doo is today. Early finish (lunch time so not long to go ) then the rest of the afternoon/evening/night on the beer

as for hangover cures... the only two things I know is to get back on the beer. First couple take a while to get down, but once your over those it starts to follow again.

Another cure i use is a greasy fry up. Always helps to have a nice sweet cup of tea with it too

Season greating CUKers

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  The 'team' I work with failed to tell us contractors about the Christmas do, even though we were eligable to go. So we only found out that there was a Christmas thing on yesterday, the event is on this Saturday where I could have got my wife to come over for a weeked break out here! Miserable gits - and we get labelled as being not very teamy. Not sure how I'm supposed to be teamy if they don't tell us when 'team' events are happening.
                  One place I was at held a permie only Christmas do and it was so boring they invited the contractors the next year. The fact is contractors (for better or worse) tend to be a rather lively lot, and permies tend to be a bunch of bores.

Anyway, do you really want to hang out with all your work colleagues on a weekend?
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

Mine was last night - but I came back up North instead. I'm having about 3 leaving drinks next week, that will suffice
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X